Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

North-South meeting in Monterey, Ca

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
North-South meeting in Monterey, Ca

Who is going to the 50th Anniversary North-South Meeting on the weekend of April 13-16 AND May 18-21 in Monterey, CA? What would be really cool is to have the tech guy -- James Hawkes-Reed of Trackaphone or Aston Installations come out to this event to service the west coast Aston owners! Of course, after he finishes with the tech day in Florida.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:12 PM
alextse88 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm likely going to attend the April one just for the Saturday. The Carmel driving tour sounds awesome!

Old 03-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
I saw something about the meet, but don't recall seeing any dates.

I've never seen the club do two dates for the annual meet up?!?

Regardless, I'll try to make it as this is really the one event they do per year.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:42 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I thought it was either or April or May. I am up for May. Ok I just got the scoop.
I was wrong, it is two dates, April and May. Sorry for the confusion.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 03-22-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:48 PM
silentbob will become famous soon enoughsilentbob will become famous soon enough
I am a recent new Aston owner in the Bay Area. Who holds these events and how can I learn more?

Old 03-25-2018, 08:21 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by silentbob
I am a recent new Aston owner in the Bay Area. Who holds these events and how can I learn more?
Send a e mail to Rich,
arearep-nc@amoc-sw.org
He can answer all of your questions.
Ron

Old 04-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Has anyone received updates on this event?

I just reached out to the club, and they indicated updates went out post survey to all active members.

I renewed my membership in February and received a confirmation from Guy, so am left in the dark.

April 17th is rapidly approaching, and I'd like to make plans if that was the date decided upon

Many thanks

Old 04-15-2018, 09:43 AM
ritchj is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks to those that attended V1.0.

Rare opportunity for Aston owners who are not yet AMOC members, who are interested in staying at the host hotel for May 18-20, are welcome to attend. There are a few of the discounted rooms available. PM for details.

It was a pleasure driving in the area without Car Week traffic.

Last edited by ritchj; 04-16-2018 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Image edit: made it blatantly obvious the plates were changed, removed some rocks, a fishing boat, two people, and three cars
Old 04-18-2018, 02:30 PM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
What a great experience I had for my 1st meet up with AMOC, it was the 50th Anniversary of the very first North-South Meet which made it even more special. Being a new member of AMOC, the other members were amiable and made me feel part of the group! We shared stories and the love of this fantastic car brand. I was only able to make the Saturday meet, but the day was jammed packed with a 17-mile drive tour around the coastline starting at Spanish Bay, then off to lunch at Tarpy's (good Food!) then a spirited drive thru the caramel valley. I am sad that I can't make the next meet which is May 18-20th! I'm sure the weather will be perfect for the weekend, and the turn out will be great! See you guys/gals next time...