Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My first Aston - V12 Vantage S

Old 03-28-2018, 02:40 AM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
My first Aston - V12 Vantage S

Hello there,

After reading along this forum for a while I am happy to report that I've pulled the trigger on a V12 Vantage S.
Absolutely loving the car - looks, performance, handling is right what I have been looking for.

And the fact that this is the last naturaly aspirated V12 with a manual that you will get from AM has also helped to motivate me.

Went to collect it last week and took the opportunity to drive a few curvy roads on the way home to be able to properly vary the revs.
Had to take it somewhat easy - dry roads but temperature of -2C, Pirelli P Zero Corsas and 640NM with the Sports Plus Pack demand attention.
Of course a proper underfloor cleaning was done in the evening.

The engine is a true gem - silky and with plenty enough firepower in every situation.
Power oversteer is available anytime on demand.

Still getting used to the gearshift.
Also having a F 512TR means I'm familiar with the dogleg pattern but on the V12VS the shifting alleys are thightly together and neutral/center is in the 4 - 5 alley. Quickly shifting 4 to 3 is a challenge (which I gladly accept). AMSHIFT is very smoth and efficient - I switch it off however since I have practised proper heel'n toe for a long time and do intend to go on with it...

The V12VS in my opinion properly covers the middle ground between Sports-/Supercar and GT.
If you want more Sportscar you'll choose e.g. a lighter 997 GT3, if you want more GT you'll get a DB9/11.

The V12VS looks like a keeper to me. My short term plans are:
- Secondary cat delete
- modest wheel spacers (around 1cm)
- modest lowering (around 2cm)
- exhaust flap on/off switch
- bmc airfilters
If you have some tips or offers for me I'll be glad to hear them - also PM.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Best - Hans

Last edited by HansCH; 03-28-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:34 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Hans

stunning looking car

congrats

just a little jealous

enjoy the drive

Graeme (poor V8V owner)

Old 03-28-2018, 04:45 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Great color - my V8 GT was same - now I have a Black V12S, yours is better. Check with mods to see how they affect the warranty - I know a CAT delete would affect mine at Morries Aston Martin, check with your dealer. I also am putting wheel spacers on mine this weekend - will post pictures soon. Also I posted this recently - careful washing those wheels as chemicals will destroy the carbon brakes. Aston paint is soft - get a full 3M or similar coating, and some form of paint protection. On my Alloro Green V8 I had CilaJet which worked well and no maintenance on the 2 years I had the car. To dress up the interior Land Rover LR2 chrome seat switch covers (about $15 on E-Bay) add some class to the inside.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:53 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new purchase

Old 03-28-2018, 05:34 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
perfect, congrats!

Old 03-28-2018, 06:51 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
That sir.....is stunning. Do you have the sports seats?

Old 03-28-2018, 08:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
just beautiful, pretty much my dream car!!!

Old 03-28-2018, 08:39 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
To dress up the interior Land Rover LR2 chrome seat switch covers (about $15 on E-Bay) add some class to the inside.
hey can you take a picture of what they look like installed? I'm intrigued

Old 03-28-2018, 08:56 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Love it. Great color combo. More pics of the interior please.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:09 AM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the favorable comments, guys. I'm really happy with the car.
The colour by the way is 'Alloro Green' - a hommage to the DBR racers of the fifties. I think it suits the Vantage just fine.

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Great color - my V8 GT was same - now I have a Black V12S, yours is better. Check with mods to see how they affect the warranty - I know a CAT delete would affect mine at Morries Aston Martin, check with your dealer. .
Will check - hope to get away with the secondary cat delete. May also be re-done easily in case desaster strikes.
Proper proceedings as they say would be to put a header without primary cats on and put some metal cats in place of the secondary cats - that will however be a larger job and kill the warranty for sure.
Looking forward to your pics with the spacers on your V12S.

Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
That sir.....is stunning. Do you have the sports seats?
Yes, it has the 'lightweight' carbon sports seats in black leather/alcantara with yellow stitching. Will post some pics after easter.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:16 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Love the car, make sure to break it in gentle then let it roar.

If disaster happens you will not have time to change the cats, it'll be on a flatbed to the nearest dealer. But I guess you can always have it flatbed to somewhere else to swap the cats then towed again

Old 03-28-2018, 11:13 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Will you able to pass CH inspection with the 2nd cat delete?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car. Love the color. If I ordered one from scratch it would be almost identical to that. Carbon seats FTW. What color are the wheels? They don't look silver.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
From one Aloro green owner to anther, well done
Ron

Old 03-28-2018, 02:15 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Great to see another V12VSM owner! Congrats!

I left my AMshift on all the way. Kinda got used to it. I tracked with it a while back and it is extremely responsive.

Did you update the firmware on your AMi3?

Last edited by V12Vin; 03-28-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first Aston - V12 Vantage S