Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Digital gauge lenses failing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:55 AM
PhastAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Digital gauge lenses failing

The digital gauges in my 2007 Vantage are cloudy and unreadable in daylight driving. Is there any place or Aston Martin dealer in the South Carolina area that can replace these lenses, or do I have to purchase a whole new gauge cluster?

Old 04-21-2018, 08:47 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PhastAM
The digital gauges in my 2007 Vantage are cloudy and unreadable in daylight driving. Is there any place or Aston Martin dealer in the South Carolina area that can replace these lenses, or do I have to purchase a whole new gauge cluster?

Opinion-------I would almost assume its behind the lens. If not, then plastic cleaner polish might do the trick. A gauge cluster I think is a whole bunch of work to get done. I believe and may be wrong, but they are over 1k at am bits, then install, then calibration by a dealer. The calibration I may be wrong about.

Alright, IF you dont mind waiting, I will be in Murrells Inlet end of May and we can take yours out, the figure out how to Polish the plastic face by taking it out and then reinstalling.

The closest AM dealer is I think in CLT, NC. I know of no high end places in Charleston to take it to either for this. This is something special.

AM has a website for a workshop manual, pay a fee of 100 or something for one day, then download all manuals. This would show that binnacle and how to take it out.

Just PM me or reply here

Old 04-21-2018, 09:11 PM
Thanks or the response. I talked to the parts guy at Charlotte, and he didn't know of anybody that could repair the lenses. I know the replacement of the gauge cluster is at least $1K plus install and I would also expect re calibration to set the correct mileage. I have lived with this issue for 20 months and don't minding waiting until you can be in the area. I would be able to meet you in Murrells inlet at your convenience. Please keep in touch.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:11 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PhastAM
Thanks or the response. I talked to the parts guy at Charlotte, and he didn't know of anybody that could repair the lenses. I know the replacement of the gauge cluster is at least $1K plus install and I would also expect re calibration to set the correct mileage. I have lived with this issue for 20 months and don't minding waiting until you can be in the area. I would be able to meet you in Murrells inlet at your convenience. Please keep in touch.
email me Velocitybts@yahoo.com so we can stay in touch. Might be looking at a RR in Charleston so a day down there might work. I will have my Aston with me. Taking for the whole trip.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:53 AM
Did you get my email with the photo of the lenses?