Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Timeless: Vanquish vs. DB9 Pics side by side

Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Timeless: Vanquish vs. DB9 Pics side by side

Here are a 2017 Vanquish and a 2005 DB9. The DB9 has a few enhancements; however, As you can see in the pics, they really look fairly close, without looking at the interior. But in the end, just happy to own an Aston!!

Old 05-11-2018, 12:35 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
How did you get 2 black cars to look equally clean at the same time?

The yellow 2018 V8V is at my local now, I wanted to stop by and park next to it to get some comparison shots. It really doesn't look as bad in person, still a little racy but it's growing on me. Then I looked inside.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:04 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
How did you get 2 black cars to look equally clean at the same time?

The yellow 2018 V8V is at my local now, I wanted to stop by and park next to it to get some comparison shots. It really doesn't look as bad in person, still a little racy but it's growing on me. Then I looked inside.
Aston of Washington DC will have one end of the month. I will get it parked next to a V8V and then take similar comparison shots.

That Vanquish was horribly dirty. Been on the lot under pollen and rain for a week or so. I proceeded after those pics to do a 20hr detail on it, so it would be as clean as mine. Its a 2017 brand new Vanquish, sticker was 317k. Thanks, I will keep my DB9 but, it will say, even though the Vanq was automatic, it was really nice to drive in manual, and it blurps the throttle when shifting down nicely. Not a fan of those wheels, but the customer gets the OEM originals also. So fair enough.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:09 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
If it was brand new how does it have those wheels?

It was dirty? It looks like the after shot LOL

Old 05-11-2018, 11:52 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Vanquish or DB11 is next for me! Cool pictures.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:22 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
great, great, great pictures Andrew! Still love the 1st Gen DB9 best

Old 05-11-2018, 06:02 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the pictures, interesting perspective.

Regards,

Old 05-12-2018, 12:24 PM
NoRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful and timeless art. I never tire of admiring the original penned design.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
great, great, great pictures Andrew! Still love the 1st Gen DB9 best
Thank you buddy!!!!! I got home in the Vanquish, and after doing a paint correction on a previous one, I noticed how alot of the body lines are almost identical. The rear hips, hood, doors etc.... The Vanquish has spines that extend along the doors which make them diff, the front quarters have a much higher lip near the hood, and the parts by the wheels have a 3-4" flat surface around the wheel well. But over all with this one I felt that I was almost working on my own car, so took these pics to show how timeless the DB9 original was, albeit dressed up a bit with a lip, diffuser, and definitely the tail lip. Without those it looks like a big diff.