Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin factory tours

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:52 AM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Aston Martin factory tours

I will be in the U.K., London in early June 2018.

Any ideas on where to setup or sign up for an Aston Martin factory tour in Gaydon, Warwickshire, England?

I'm also looking to stop by Aston works in Newport Pagnell while out there and any Ian Fleming/James Bond 007 film locales

Old 05-17-2018, 07:14 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Here's my contact for an Aston Martin Works tour. James Hobday <James.Hobday@astonmartin.com>. Went there last summer and was a great tour.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:31 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
As Rich said, your dealership can set it up. But schedule ASAP... a month of notice wasn't enough to get me in, as they were completely booked.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:46 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
A couple of weeks is probably a little too tight for them. They also do not do tours everyday either. PM me your email as I do have a contact for tour scheduling and see if they have availability. I did it for a few guys last year

Old 05-18-2018, 07:39 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
I've never been to Gaydon, so I can't speak to it.

However, I had my 2004 Vanquish serviced at Newport Pagnell while I lived in London. It's quite frankly not believable that cars where being manufactured that way in 2004. I saw the horses that body panels were shaped on for each individual Vanquish and the women (they were all women the day I got my tour) sewing seat and dash covers from perfectly matched sets of hides, etc. It was like stepping back in time, and I loved it. The entire facility amounted to a couple of large warehouses. Incredibly low key.

I strongly recommend a visit.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
A couple of weeks is probably a little too tight for them. They also do not do tours everyday either. PM me your email as I do have a contact for tour scheduling and see if they have availability. I did it for a few guys last year

Thanx a million; I just sent you a PM.

Old 05-19-2018, 07:42 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
On a related note, we scheduled a tour for later this year. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to get back and forth between London and Gaydon? I don't plan on driving while in the UK... Thx!

Old 05-19-2018, 10:17 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
You can take a train from London to Leamington spa and from there taxi or bus. What I did was to take the tube to Heathrow and then rented a car and drove from Heathrow to Gaydon. All highway driving and straight shot to Gaydon.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:25 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the suggestions

Old 05-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Thanks for all your diligent work on this smdzucladoc; greatly appreciated.

2009 Aston Martin DBS - Shaken Not Stirred -

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (46).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	526405  
Old 08-15-2018, 11:23 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Gents

Last year Christmas i was planning to go Uk & do the factory tour, then I found out that factory shut down during Christmas for 10 days, so we end up not going. So I'm planning to be UK next Easter time. April 11-23. Do you guys know if Aston factory do Easter vacation( shut down)? I called my local Aston dealer still waiting for an answer.

Thanks
Avo

Old 08-17-2018, 06:40 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007JB
Gents

Last year Christmas i was planning to go Uk & do the factory tour, then I found out that factory shut down during Christmas for 10 days, so we end up not going. So I'm planning to be UK next Easter time. April 11-23. Do you guys know if Aston factory do Easter vacation( shut down)? I called my local Aston dealer still waiting for an answer.

Thanks
Avo
Sent you a PM.