Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Interior pillar trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 08:08 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Vantage Interior pillar trim

Gents

I noticed passenger side pillar trim has little gap, but driver side is tight. i feel the passenger side is loose . Before I take it part, I looked at diagram it only showing 2 screws at top, which are pretty tight. nothing holding on front part, Anyone else has same problem.?

3MM gap between trim panel . passenger side door opening pillar trim cover.

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par.../156/809/25224

Old 05-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I can't tell where those parts are, can you take another shot not so close so I can tell where it is?
CATTMAN

Old 05-19-2018, 02:38 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Cattman
I can't tell where those parts are, can you take another shot not so close so I can tell where it is?
CATTMAN
thats the passenger side A-Pillar looking down on it towards the dashboard/glovebox area

is the issue with the weather stripping?

Old 05-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Ah, so the red is the paint, the middle is the weather stripping, and the bottom part is the Alcantara of the interior A pillar. And the photos are BOTH of the passenger side. Got it.

From your photo I'd say you need a new door seal/ weather-stripping. It looks dried out (the Brits would say, "perished"), and clearly it's not sealing properly.

In the future, you might consider maintaining these with Gummi Pfledge so they don't dry out again.
CATTMAN

Old 05-20-2018, 04:59 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cattman
Ah, so the red is the paint, the middle is the weather stripping, and the bottom part is the Alcantara of the interior A pillar. And the photos are BOTH of the passenger side. Got it.

From your photo I'd say you need a new door seal/ weather-stripping. It looks dried out (the Brits would say, "perished"), and clearly it's not sealing properly.

In the future, you might consider maintaining these with Gummi Pfledge so they don't dry out again.
CATTMAN

Here is better photos, Sorry I was out of town . I don't think its a weather stripping issue, front part of the trim rattles, feels like some came a part under the panel. I can see foam under this trim & it's loose. I'm trying to see if anyone else had same issue before I take it a part.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:08 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
You might want to get some new fir tree clips before you go to the trouble of taking the pillar trim apart. They tend to lose their grip when re-used.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Looks like that panel has been stressed. Possibly someone tried to take it off and pried open the side by the weather stripping to see what’s holding it to the car.
FYI the fig tree inserts do not hold that panel on. All they do is cover holes that you need to access screws with a torx screwdriver that actually holds that panel on.
Remove the panel and carefully bend it slightly where the gaps are and reinstall.

Old 10-10-2019, 04:01 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by embdenb
Looks like that panel has been stressed. Possibly someone tried to take it off and pried open the side by the weather stripping to see what’s holding it to the car.
FYI the fig tree inserts do not hold that panel on. All they do is cover holes that you need to access screws with a torx screwdriver that actually holds that panel on.
Remove the panel and carefully bend it slightly where the gaps are and reinstall.
So how is the panel removed in a roadster/coupe?

Old 10-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Is there something we can treat the rubber weather stripping with to extend it's life? Curious. I had a 2009 Vantage which the door weather stripping was tearing and I had it replaced.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:36 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Is there something we can treat the rubber weather stripping with to extend it's life? Curious. I had a 2009 Vantage which the door weather stripping was tearing and I had it replaced.
I'm not sure but I have always used the protectant wipes on them, whether it's Armour All, Maguire's, or whatever. Done this for years on all my vehicles.