Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need help with exterior/interior spec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 11:26 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
No tartan accents? That is the way to go if you are considering duo tone interior.
There wasn't a tartan option in the configurator. I like the idea -- kind of like the 911R's houndstooth fabric inserts. Tartan might be available as a Q option but we know how pricey those bespoke options can get!

Originally Posted by sonies
why not do the side strake in body color? I think it would look better

and I would do a more metallic sparkle white than that off grey or whatever it is, but thats just my personal taste

other than that, looks awesome to me thumbs up
I was going back and forth with the side gill. The perforated matte black gill ties in with the rear diffuser but I agree with you that the body color gill looks cleaner so I might go with that.

Originally Posted by davidm17
The phantom grey is a nice color. Obsidian black is pretty much what you will find as the black interior on most existing cars. I have it on my car. Find pictures of cars with a black interior and it's going to be obsidian. I like it, but I'd go with the phantom grey given a choice.
Originally Posted by MRCW
I have phantom grey with some white stitching and some black stitching on the seats... it is a nice change from the standard obsidion black found in so many dealer ordered cars ... if i had to order, i love bitter chocolate with some lighter colors on doors
I just realized that Obsidian Black is the color of my current V8V's steering wheel. Yeah, too plain. I like Phantom Grey especially when paired with Electron Yellow. Unfortunately, I think I will grow tired of that combo pretty quickly. I liked the Bitter Chocolate sample they had at the dealership.

Originally Posted by mrklas
I like your configuration....
Phantom Gray is a nice color - its very dark so folks may assume its black until the contract with the console.

If you want more color - using a different thread may be a nice way to do it.

I really like the exterior white/black contrast.
I like the white and black a lot too. Clean and kind of sporty. I think I will go with a metallic white.

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
They should have all the color samples at the dealer and don't be afraid to take them outside to really see what they look like in the real world. I went to mine 5 times just to compare the Mako to Lightning outside in different conditions before I decided I could live with it and flew to Boise to see it in person.

I have seen Morning Frost age to look very different. There was a 2010 roadster at a used lot that looked nothing like the new coupe they had on the dealer floor.
I went back to the dealership this afternoon and checked out the Morning Frost sample they had. Took it outside to see it in natural light. I noticed some orange and pink hues at different angles (although it may be because I was looking at it with the sun close to setting.) I'll go back and compare Morning Frost to Stratus White. I am kind of leaning towards Stratus White since it is more of a pure white with a bit of bluish metallic tint.

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Morning Frost is what I most likely would get if white. But HO, I wonder if it was just dulled out, and if A. a paint correction and deep polish was done would it return to original color? B. maybe was neglected and looked that way.

G - - AM can have a Morning Frost Virage brought to the dealership at any time you want. Their photographer advertiser just bought the 2011 or 12 they had with low mileage. But, you could even spend a couple hundred and have the body shop paint 2-4 different 2' x 2' aluminum sheets with the different paint colors. Then take your time and choose. Just a larger idea. The little cars painted wont help too much, IMHO
I was at the dealership this afternoon to check out paint and leather samples. I met the photographer (who was shooting a previously owned Boxster they just got) and he told me about the Morning Frost Virage he bought last week.

Brendon was out attending some training in Miami. I'll meet with him when he gets back to get pricing on some builds and put down a deposit to lock a build allocation.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:36 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I was looking for Stratus or Lightning. I liked Morning Frost until I saw that roadster then I didn't like it so much, I wasn't sure how it would age. I still loved the one on the dealer floor. But it turned me off the color and Stratus became the fall back for white. And, I ended up with Mako, go figure, and I never would have thought I'd get so many compliments on the color!

Old 05-21-2018, 11:48 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the latest build I have after checking out the paint swatches and leather samples at the dealership this afternoon.

Stratus White exterior with body color side gills. Kept the gloss black side mirrors but switched to body color roof. Went with the Q Spec orange colored brake calipers to match the interior but I may switch that out to black painted or the standard black anodized. I'm finding it hard to swallow the $3,100+ premium for the orange painted calipers!

Playing with the idea of Bitter Chocolate+California Poppy duotone interior. I think it still looks sporty but not as loud as the Phantom Grey+Electron Yellow and definitely less sports shoe (old school Air Jordans) than the Obsidian Black+Spicy Red combo! What do you guys think? Should I stick with monotone leather with contrast stitching?

Last edited by programmatore; 05-22-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:54 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'm not a fan of loud calipers. The car is definitely sporty enough without lime lipstick or yellow calipers unless you go crazy and do it all taking it way over the top.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:40 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'm not a fan of loud calipers. The car is definitely sporty enough without lime lipstick or yellow calipers unless you go crazy and do it all taking it way over the top.
I agree, plus light colored calipers do not weather well. Rare color choice may not hold up over time.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by programmatore
Here's the latest build I have after checking out the paint swatches and leather samples at the dealership this afternoon.

Stratus White exterior with body color side gills. Kept the gloss black side mirrors but switched to body color roof. Went with the Q Spec orange colored brake calipers to match the interior but I may switch that out to black painted or the standard black anodized. I'm finding it hard to swallow the $3,100+ premium for the orange painted calipers!

Playing with the idea of Bitter Chocolate+California Poppy duotone interior. I think it still looks sporty but not as loud as the Phantom Grey+Electron Yellow and definitely less sports shoe (old school Air Jordans) than the Obsidian Black+Spicy Red combo! What do you guys think? Should I stick with monotone leather with contrast stitching?
The graphite color instead of gloss black trim for the lipstick and side trim looks pretty nice as well if you don't want the carbon fiber

pair the bitter chocolate with the dark mocha duotone and it looks pretty nice , that is if you want a brown interior, not sure you'd like the orange and brown long term

Old 05-22-2018, 09:53 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
pair the bitter chocolate with the dark mocha duotone and it looks pretty nice , that is if you want a brown interior, not sure you'd like the orange and brown long term

I would do an earth tone color, maybe a different brown or tan as accent color. I would do a fabric accent with bitter chocolate to make it really unique.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:55 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by programmatore
There wasn't a tartan option in the configurator. I like the idea -- kind of like the 911R's houndstooth fabric inserts. Tartan might be available as a Q option but we know how pricey those bespoke options can get!
I don't think those options are as pricey you'd think. Comes down to the fabric bolt used. If it's a bolt that was used before; they already own it. Shouldn't be so expensive at all.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:55 PM
Thanks for all your comments! I put in my deposit today. I'll play around with the spec over the weekend and then we'll submit it to Aston Martin. AM Washington, DC has an allocation for an August build so I may be able to get my Vantage by September! I'm so excited I may even try to see her at the factory before she leaves for the US since I already have a Slovenia trip planned with a connection at Heathrow!

Stratus White over Bitter Chocolate/Obsidian Black

Old 05-24-2018, 04:07 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
that looks awesome, well done! is the stitching orange? If so I like that pop of color on the brown/black leather inside, looks really nice

Old 05-24-2018, 09:02 PM
that looks awesome, well done! is the stitching orange? If so I like that pop of color on the brown/black leather inside, looks really nice
Thanks. Yes, it is orange contrast stitching.

I was considering a duotone interior with Bitter Chocolate and California Poppy (Orange) because I really liked how the orange complemented the brown. However, that combo was just too loud so I went with Obsidian Black instead but kept the California Poppy contrast stitching for a bit of color. With the duotone Sport Plus seats and matching duotone leather headliner I think it will look cool.

I wanted to get orange painted brake calipers too but at over $3,000 I decided to pass. I got the no-cost, standard anodized gray calipers which I may get powder coated later.