Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Epic drives.... East Coast Edition... Skyline Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Epic drives.... East Coast Edition... Skyline Drive

Has anyone done this drive. I'm speaking from approximately I66 down to I64.

From what I've read, it sounds like a killer drive.

Would love to hear from anyone that has done the drive, because I'm thinking of doing it.

Peace
TAC

Old 05-23-2018, 06:49 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Skyline when I did it years ago was pretty busy, but beyond that portion the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way down to NC was virtually deserted and a fabulous drive with curve after curve. I did it several times, in both directions, but bear in mind that was on a motorcycle and traffic was therefore not an impediment! In a convertible it would be a pretty nice cruise (much better than eating semis on parallel I-81.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:30 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
My buddy did it last summer in his Vette. Never again he told me...too many family cars going slow or scared of the curves..

He told me nice ride but not a Fun ride...

Old 05-23-2018, 07:05 PM
patrija is on a distinguished road
It’s luck and timing on traffic. I’ve done the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline probably 5 times, but on a motorcycle or in my convertible. The roads would be great at speed but that’s luck of timing ... otherwise it’s about the beautiful ride and views (Harley or V8VR)