Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Q by Aston Martin?

Old 05-26-2018, 10:41 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Q by Aston Martin?

Has anyone used Q by Aston Martin's services to customize the interior of your car? I am in the process of configuring a Vantage and would appreciate any info you can provide about this service.

I like the Sports Plus seats on the Vantage -- the bolsters provided enough support without being uncomfortable and I liked the sporty stripes detail. However, when configuring duotone leather, the seats just look too busy. And if you configure Obsidian Black with Spicy Red it just looks like a pair of Air Jordans! I was hoping the Q team can help me "clean it up."

Standard duotone:

My proposed Q spec change (composite image I created in Photoshop):

I will call my SA on Tuesday but I was hoping someone can provide some info before then especially around cost -- if Q by Aston Martin charges an arm an a leg then I won't even bother calling the SA.

Thanks,

-Gary

Last edited by programmatore; 05-26-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:19 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Gary

maybe post this on pistonheads

a few of the UK guys have just done some major Q works on their AMR V12 V cars

the seat look much better in your composite image

Graeme

Old 05-27-2018, 06:10 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
if you present the $, AM will do it

Old 05-27-2018, 08:03 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
How about just call AM direct in UK to run your ideas by them? You are not skirting the dealer, but it's easier for you get the info needed to proceed with your order.

I know some who have had to do the same with other marques as the N. America build system didn't have the code to enter what the customer wanted, but the manufacturer offered it.

Call early in the day to UK so there is time for them to do what they need (like check on the material requested, etc...) and have time for your dealer to enter what they need to make it happen.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:03 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
I had a pearl white interior done on my vanquish by them

Old 06-08-2018, 08:53 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Q finally got back to me. They said they can do the spec customizations I want but their lead time is usually 16 weeks. Now I am torn. Do I wait 4 months to get a bespoke car or just spec a car with standard options and get the car sometime in September? If I decide to go with Q I may as well wait a couple more months for a later build so I get the car in the spring instead of the winter. I know, I know first world problems.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:22 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
bespoke, duh

An AM isnt something any self respecting aficionado just buys "off the lot" in any old pedestrian scheme... get what you truly want, you will be much happier in the end and never wonder "what if"

Old 06-10-2018, 09:44 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I would go the Q route or you'll regret it IMO.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:23 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You wouldn't think you'd have to go thru Q to eliminate a bunch of other colored pieces and just get the stripes, it's not like you're asking for the stripes in a color that doesn't exist. Each seat cover is already made to order. I would think this is more a problem with the way they allow you to order.

You should be able to say you want duo-tone but just with the 2 stripes in the middle of the seats. Seems simple enough. Have you asked the dealer?

Old 06-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the comments. I had no idea requesting Q spec changes would add another 4 months to the order. I just really want to get the August allocation slot so that I can swing by Gaydon in September on my way to Slovenia and hopefully see my car on the production line during the factory tour.

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
You wouldn't think you'd have to go thru Q to eliminate a bunch of other colored pieces and just get the stripes, it's not like you're asking for the stripes in a color that doesn't exist. Each seat cover is already made to order. I would think this is more a problem with the way they allow you to order.

You should be able to say you want duo-tone but just with the 2 stripes in the middle of the seats. Seems simple enough. Have you asked the dealer?
Yes, it is a limitation of their DCS (ordering system). DCS only lets the sales associate choose the type of seat (Sports or Sports Plus), the material (Alcantara or leather), monotone or duotone, color of leather (upper and lower if duotone) and the stitch color. It does not allow you to customize the stripe or panel colors in the seats -- you need to go through Q to do it.

Apparently Q makes the custom leather seats and headlining and completes them just in time to be installed as the car goes down the assembly line. I guess that makes sense so that the "regular" seat makers can just crank out standard seat patterns and not worry about variations.

I wanted a couple of other minor Q spec changes like contrasting door pull leather, colored anodized rotary switches, etc. but really all the changes are cosmetic that I can live without.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:37 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
That's unfortunate, but understandable. Anything custom will slow the line, but such a simple change just seems like overkill to send to Q.

You could always have that customized later if you really don't want to wait the 4 months. A good upholstery shop could probably add those stripes in a couple days, although I'd much prefer it to be factory myself. If it was me, I'd wait. And then I'd book another trip just to go see the car. Nothing wrong with fitting in a little English countryside vacation while you're at it

Old 06-11-2018, 07:33 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Getting little changes made through Q was like an act of Congress

Old 06-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
That's unfortunate, but understandable. Anything custom will slow the line, but such a simple change just seems like overkill to send to Q.

You could always have that customized later if you really don't want to wait the 4 months. A good upholstery shop could probably add those stripes in a couple days, although I'd much prefer it to be factory myself. If it was me, I'd wait. And then I'd book another trip just to go see the car. Nothing wrong with fitting in a little English countryside vacation while you're at it
I would only want Aston to do the customization. The wait will be worth it, but heck if they are doing some custom work; make it really custom!

Old 06-13-2018, 10:48 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Works (Q) on 2007 Vantage

they did the wood dash (non-works) and door caps (works) - all for just $2,995 in 2007

Attached Images    
Old 06-13-2018, 09:11 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Like the door caps a lot, nice patterns. I especially like how they made sure they were book matched, that's very impressive (not sure about the face on the waterfall, however...)