Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help 07 DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 11:00 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Sounds like insurance company needs to pull the vehicle for a second opinion somewhere else. And question them about insurance fraud.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:09 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by randyb
The water got into the electronics and unfortunately the insurance company is not going to let me change shops, as Dimmit is responsible for fixing the car, unless I pay for it myself.
Consulted and attorney yet ? You paid your premium to the Ins Co. - insurance company is also responsible. I'm guessing Dimmit has garage ins coverage. You car could be a total loss if it keeps going the same route. Best of luck to you....frustrating for sure.....

Old 07-26-2018, 03:13 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
So the saga continues, once my ins co got involved the estimate to fix leaks dropped to $5,600. Adjuster is going to see the car Monday, we will see what happens.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:23 PM
One last thing, told the service advisor 5 times to contact safelite to get the ins part moving and he forgot each time. Even gave them the phone nbr and reference nbr, finally had to do that myself. They have had the car a month and half and did not do much. Then today they tell me my car is sitting outside, how do places like this stay in business?

Old 07-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Thomas Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Demon DB9

1st Sorry to hear that your DB9 has been a problem, I was able to look into this today having reading your post. I wanted to get to the bottom to find out what was going on. It does have many electrical problem as you have posted. And will take a lot of hours to diagnose its many problems. As to water inside, I was told that carpet pulled back to reveal that Car is bone dry after a weeks worth of record breaking rainfall amounts, verified by your insurance company today. There are no leaks. Windshield and water is not your electrical demon.
I am only responding because I felt this thread needed to be corrected, I hope that all posters and readers here can offer help to one another as needed. But do not blame or call out those who try to help you unfairly.

I would appreciate th opportunity to discuss in person as well

Tom

Last edited by Thomas Heinz; 07-27-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Thomas Heinz
1st Sorry to hear that your DB9 has been a problem, I was able to look into this today having reading your post. I wanted to get to the bottom to find out what was going on. It does have many electrical problem as you have posted. And will take a lot of hours to diagnose its many problems. As to water inside, I was told that carpet pulled back to reveal that Car is bone dry after a weeks worth of record breaking rainfall amounts, verified by your insurance company today. There are no leaks. Windshield and water is not your electrical demon.
I am only responding because I felt this thread needed to be corrected, I hope that all posters and readers here can offer help to one another as needed. But do not blame or call out those who try to help you unfairly.

Tom
All I can say is WOW, Dimmit called my adjuster and had him come in last Friday, he was supposed to be there Monday and I would meet him there. First off, you told the adjuster there was no leak, which is a bald face lie, since the original quote I have from you was for over $10,000 to just fix the leak. I am working with my insurance company to get the car moved to a new shop and have the car re-evaluated.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Just got my car back and after talking to my ins. adjustor, seems I did not get the whole story from the service rep (he is new there and I am not blaming him to much, as I worked with 3 different people while my car was there), seems the they did get the windows to leak, but only using high pressure water and the rear seal was a precaution as it is cracked in one spot. Though they could not figure out how the carpet got wet, I did find out from another Aston tech at another dealership that when the carpet gets wet on the floor, the moisture will travel up the carpet making it seem the water came from the top down. They got the car running (GREAT) and I drove it home and it seems to be running good.

Next step is to drop it off at an indy shop in Orlando and have them look at the car.

Also, one last thing, Dimmit tech said these cars are prone to corrosion in the cabin fusebox, anyone else ever here that?

Also, they did not charge me for anything, including my loaner car. So I thank them very much for that.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Thomas Heinz

Tom
So today I finally had time to look at my car and as a light rain started, I took the car for a drive and low and behold, water was coming in both of the side windows. I managed to get a video of the drivers side leaking, I was going 5 miles an hour in a parking lot and the rain was not that hard. So I CANNOT fathom how you could not find a leak. As soon as I upload the video I will post the link and if anyone doubted me, I will be glad to email them the video.

Randy

Old 08-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Video was to large, but here is an image from the video.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:29 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
WOW ! It sounds like the installer of your new windshield now has some liability in this mess...don't give up !