Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

$21K Oil Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 07:57 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
$21K Oil Change

The oil change on a Bugatti Veyron requires removing the cars rear fenders and rear deck. The engine, a dry sump system, has 16 different drain plugs. Labor is approximately 27 hours.

Total cost $21K. (hopefully that includes the oil and filter)

I swear I will not bi##h about my $500 oil changes anymore.

Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2018, 09:01 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
Even Better--Do it yourself for $200 and get to know your car more intimately!!

Before you say it--I am about your age.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:17 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
meh...I'd still complain about a $500 oil change.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Saw a video of some Vegas exotic rental place doing theirs. You'd think designers would take this kind of thing into account. So does the Vulcan have the cartridge system that were talking about in the vehicles or was that a one off concept.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:06 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Old phart
Saw a video of some Vegas exotic rental place doing theirs. You'd think designers would take this kind of thing into account. So does the Vulcan have the cartridge system that were talking about in the vehicles or was that a one off concept.
The Vulcan does have the Castrol oil cell system which is not exactly the 5-min oil change like the video. You still have to remove the lower tray and drain, then install the oil cell, run vehicle to temp. then 4K RPM for 10 seconds. Check oil level and top-up as required.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:33 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by embdenb
The oil change on a Bugatti Veyron requires removing the cars rear fenders and rear deck. The engine, a dry sump system, has 16 different drain plugs. Labor is approximately 27 hours.

Total cost $21K. (hopefully that includes the oil and filter)

I swear I will not bi##h about my $500 oil changes anymore.
And an addtional 500$ per wheel to check the tires and add the special Bugati Veron high speed air .

Seriously if you can afford a Veyron do you really care how much an oil change costs and do you have any idea where or what a dipstick is ?

And no I will not pay 500$ for an Aston oil change which is probably closer to 700$ CAN . I will do it myself for a couple of hundred bucks thank you and have money left over for some cold ones to have after .

Old 07-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
Am I the only one who understands the laws of economics?

The law of supply and demand sets the price. So if it wasn't better they couldn't charge more for it because no-one would pay that.

So obviously the $21,000 oil change is far nicer than our crappy $500 oil change. I feel sorry for people that get $35 oil changes without making an appointment!

Old 07-21-2018, 01:53 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
And an addtional 500$ per wheel to check the tires and add the special Bugati Veron high speed air .

Seriously if you can afford a Veyron do you really care how much an oil change costs and do you have any idea where or what a dipstick is ?

And no I will not pay 500$ for an Aston oil change which is probably closer to 700$ CAN . I will do it myself for a couple of hundred bucks thank you and have money left over for some cold ones to have after .
per the VW Website, the blinker fluid is what is very costly. Its like the rare earth elements that are found in iPhones that make them expensive as well.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:51 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Senatorblutarsky
So obviously the $21,000 oil change is far nicer than our crappy $500 oil change. I feel sorry for people that get $35 oil changes without making an appointment!

Old 07-21-2018, 04:50 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Seem to recall when tires need to be replaced, so do wheels.
Veyron uses special Michelin PAX tires found on no other car. They were designed specifically for the Bugatti's capabilities and can only be removed from the wheels in France, a process cost $50,000. The tires themselves cost $15,000 per set.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Senatorblutarsky
Am I the only one who understands the laws of economics?

The law of supply and demand sets the price. So if it wasn't better they couldn't charge more for it because no-one would pay that.

Saw a store this morning that was 'by appointment only' for shopping Monday and Wednesday.

I'd like two of these shirts - I'm sorry, do you have an appointment?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 AM
I just watched the video of the oil change on the Veyron. Just changing the oil doesn't seem to be a big deal. Drain 12 bolts (dry sump), refill with 16.5qt of 20w60 and replace the cartridge oil filter. I hope there's more to whatever costs $21k than just that.

Now the air filters are ridiculous. They have to pull off the rear wing and the entire rear clam to get to the filters. What looks like hundreds of screws and the tech has to actually lay down on that very expensive carbon fiber body panel.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:45 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Old phart
Saw a store this morning that was 'by appointment only' for shopping Monday and Wednesday.

I'd like two of these shirts - I'm sorry, do you have an appointment?
i always like the sign that said

Ears Pierced While You Wait...

Old 07-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
To replace the air filters on a new 911 you have to take off the rear bumper. On my 1969 Camaro it is a $10 part and the twist of one wing nut. Talk about great German engineering. Oh I forgot how easy it is to change the air filters on the Aston. LOL

Old 07-24-2018, 02:17 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Interesting video. I really wasn't impressed with the way these guys carried out the work. Good techs don't sit tools or extracted fasteners on the surfaces of the clients car, they also don't throw their tools on the shop floor.

I wasn't impressed either the way they dropped the expensive carbon fiber panels on their shop floor. One mis-step, dropped tool and well.......

What was obvious was these guys just dove in head first with no prep. or research - even if they read the procedure prior, even if it's just the workshop manual version - no guessing what fasteners or drain plugs to remove. I wonder what the "mystery fluid" was they drained by mistake???

I also laughed when the tech was trying to knock out the hydraulic lift fasteners with his Harbor freight mini socket screwdriver.

Their prep work was nil - they didn't even have a clue what the oil capacity was - before or after - only how much they managed to get out (they used video editing cause they went back and drained again.)

The shop owner made a joke at the end about leftover fasteners, I'll bet they actually encounter that often given their approach. Not sure what they charged the client, but it was too much.

Forget the cost savings. This is why we work on our cars ourselves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $21K Oil Change