Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone daily their Aston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 10:06 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
2006 V8V has been the daily driver for the last 5+ years. ~7miles to work, and everywhere on the weekends. 77k miles. (of which I put on about 35k)

Excellent car, can't imagine what else you could drive for the money and the enjoyment level. Here in FL I get to run it all year long. Its covered at work and still looks great!

Wife has a Mini roadster... so yes, two 2 seat cars. No kids. ;-) Well, furry little dog kids... They fit nicely in both cars.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 08-27-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:22 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I daily drove her (good weather Aston, bad weather other car) for almost two years till I lowered the suspension.

My work place has not speed bumps, rather speed mountains and I wasn't able to pass them anymore.
This forced me to park on the worst parking spot on an close to 800 acres property.

I still drive her to work once in a while but mostly on the weekend.
That's not a bad thing since the Vantage is my personal dream car and I want to keep her forever. (first car I write that out of many in my enthusiast life)

For the stats, I bought her with 8k miles, now ~16k in two 2.5 years of ownership.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:13 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I average 25 to 30k a year in my daily driver... Volvo R Type wagon. . my weekend garage queen averages 2-3k miles a year... currently at 23k miles and getting a new clutch tomorrow

Old 08-27-2018, 12:11 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
I drive nearly everyday it does not snow. Have owned car since 09 and have put 115k miles on it. It is a great dd and where I live uncommon and inconspicuous, no one would guess the 10+ year old design was capable of winning Lemans last year and don't really know or care what Lemans is. It brings a smile to my face every time I walk by it or see out-of-towners, that know what it is, stop and take pictures. I will post my 120k miles report soon, it will be a little longer than the 110k report...

Old 08-27-2018, 02:50 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
My Aston is a 6 speed manual, it's great on open roads I hate it in traffic and shopping centers, I hate that I have to crawl over speed bumps near schools or places like airport parking...I have replaced the front splinter more than once because of a curb and my car is standard height ...so u guys who lower your cars must be even more frustrated.
i hate the manual in thick bumper to bumper traffic,
so my DD is the Ford Mustang GT, 10 speed auto 460 Hp .....uses loads of gas and is way more practical than my Aston.

its on the opsite ends of the scale one is sifisticated the other just hillbilly crap.....that said if it's worth 40K or 200K it's still my baby and represents a milestone achievement in my miserable life.
driving it everyday will ruin its speciality
just my comments

Old 08-27-2018, 07:14 PM
AMG_Beast is on a distinguished road
My wife does. Doesn’t think twice about it.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:20 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Daily driven for the past two years now with 17K miles.

Taking it to work, kids to school, grocery store, HomeDepot, Costco and just about everywhere. Best SUE (Sport Utility Exotic) I've ever had!!!

Picture proof below.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:43 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PK_Vantage

Taking it to work, kids to school, grocery store, HomeDepot, Costco and just about everywhere. Best SUE (Sport Utility Exotic) I've ever had!!!

Picture proof below.

K
you guys should really try a Range Rover....it is interesting how we all differ on opinions with drivability and being able to live with it, so I sure we will get reports that it's a good towing vehicle for boats and jet ski's

Old 08-28-2018, 01:55 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Greg

they are even good with caravans

Graze

Old 08-28-2018, 08:19 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PK_Vantage

Picture proof below.

Lol I've taken my aston to Costco as well... had to put the toilet paper in the front passenger seat as well!

Also I'm planning on moving in a few months, going to drive 2000 miles across the country in my car and then daily drive it about 10 miles to work every day I CAN NOT WAIT! Public transit effing sucks

Old 08-28-2018, 09:03 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Aston at Lowes

Twelve 16" pavers and leveling sand... I didn't exceed the overall vehicle weight capacity and didn't scratch a thing. You just need to take your time when loading.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:24 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Carried a case of port...

Old 08-28-2018, 02:23 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I should've added the stipulation that if there is snow and/or salt on the roads, I don't take my Aston out, either. So from December through February, it's stored, and I only really start driving it after the salt has washed off the roads. (Hopefully a non-issue when I move to Austin next year, assuming no major changes in my life.)

Old 08-30-2018, 03:56 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captain Greg
My Aston is a 6 speed manual, it's great on open roads I hate it in traffic and shopping centers, I hate that I have to crawl over speed bumps near schools or places like airport parking...I have replaced the front splinter more than once because of a curb and my car is standard height ...so u guys who lower your cars must be even more frustrated.
i hate the manual in thick bumper to bumper traffic,
so my DD is the Ford Mustang GT, 10 speed auto 460 Hp .....uses loads of gas and is way more practical than my Aston.

its on the opsite ends of the scale one is sifisticated the other just hillbilly crap.....that said if it's worth 40K or 200K it's still my baby and represents a milestone achievement in my miserable life.
driving it everyday will ruin its speciality
just my comments

Daily hillbilly crap since 2005. - 4cyl - 6 manual

Old 08-30-2018, 04:04 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
Twelve 16" pavers and leveling sand... I didn't exceed the overall vehicle weight capacity and didn't scratch a thing. You just need to take your time when loading.
I could do a lot of bad stuff to one, but I could never do that - Hat's off

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone daily their Aston?