Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Auto train

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 02:32 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Auto train

Has anyone used the auto train from Florida to DC area? Planing a Fall trip to New England and thought I'd try this... can you put your own car cover on it? Any hassles getting on or off? Do you need to let anyone else drive it or hand the keys to anyone?

thanks for any help.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:15 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Old 08-28-2018, 08:42 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
I took it in the early 90's. The thing to note is that you do NOT drive your car on and off the train. If you absolutely DO NOT valet your car, then you will not be happy with this option. It is a nice way to have your car with you in Florida though.

The cabins are what you would expect. It is a train after all.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:14 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Never took the AutoTrain, but I did take the ferry with my Vantage across Lake Michigan to cut a ton of time and avoid Chicago from Minneapolis to Detroit. Very pleasant - the extra cost of an upgrade VIP was not worth it, but would do it again.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:39 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
I took it from Sanford, fl to Virginia, loved it. Course that was 11 years ago and I had a T5R, but I had no damage and had a great time talking to a fellow car guy.