Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock

Old 10-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
looking at the new cars Aston released, nope not for me.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:51 PM
mto
mto will become famous soon enoughmto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Logannz View Post
I'd be concerned about buying the stock until sales numbers of the new Vantage are public, The company requires this to be a smash hit, and based on the reception so far I just don't see it. As mentioned above a DBS front end would rescue the thing but I doubt you'll see that for a couple of years at least.
Mate, very envious where you live.

I think manufactures somewhat "inflate" the sales numbers. Meaning, they consider the car "sold" when it stacks up at the port and / or at the dealers and still not sold the end customers. I love the brand but seems a lot of DB11s are on the dealer's lots. Vantages as you said, remains to be seen. The brand, execs, and products.are awesome. Bit concerned about trade wars, Brexit and the pound too. I know in the US, not easy to buy on the FTSE. Very stiff commissions too. For me, I'll wait until it shakes out a bit. It is speculation. Unlike BMW and Merc, for example.

James Bond carmaker Aston Martin gets a frosty reception in stock market debut
Business Insider

Daniel Craig as James Bond standing next to a vintage Aston Martin DB5 in the film Spectre. Aston Martin IPO'd in London on Wednesday. Shares were priced at £19, valuing the luxury car maker at £4.3 billion. After a small initial price bump, shares have fallen to £18.40. The performance underlines weakness in the London IPO market and ongoing trade war and Brexit fears in the auto sector. LONDON - Shares in luxury car maker Aston Martin dropped below their IPO offer price on the first day of Read the full story

Last edited by mto; 10-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:47 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
How do I buy the stock now that the IPO has happened? I have an Ameritrade account. What is the symbol for the stock?

Old 10-04-2018, 11:43 AM
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
From what I got it is only available on the London Stock Exchange

Old 10-04-2018, 12:41 PM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by handyman2009 View Post
From what I got it is only available on the London Stock Exchange
Just emailed my brokerage firm to see how I would buy something on that exchange.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:18 PM
sf911c2 is on a distinguished road
well, IPO doesn't look to be well received...it's not Ferrari. I checked the online new vantage ads (USA) and there are 75 for sale. By contrast there are 35 used 2012-16 v8v coupes for sale. If the new vantage is the AM cash cow it's going to get ugly if sales don't pick-up..

Old 10-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by sf911c2 View Post
well, IPO doesn't look to be well received...it's not Ferrari. I checked the online new vantage ads (USA) and there are 75 for sale. By contrast there are 35 used 2012-16 v8v coupes for sale. If the new vantage is the AM cash cow it's going to get ugly if sales don't pick-up..
Ferrari doesn't make it main income from selling cars... It's all licensing; that horse is worth a lot! Aston has aspirations to expand it self further into a lifestyle brand like Ferrari has. I think they're off to a good start. AM needs to be careful as Ferrari has F1 to as foundation, but Aston it's something different. They need make sure that "something" never withers or becomes less prestigious.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:13 PM
mto
QUOTE=brightoncorgi;4742368]How do I buy the stock now that the IPO has happened? I have an Ameritrade account. What is the symbol for the stock?[/QUOTE]
The symbol is AML. It is only the FTSE (London Exchange). Most US security companies do not purchase stock outside the US. So suspect Ameritrade does not.

It can be available through some international trading houses. So need to check. I know Citi and USAA do not. So just need to call the US-based global companies. When you find one, I was told there is a 40 day initial blackout period to purchase AML, and the security needs to be verified through I think regulations if the company sells to countries that are on a blacklist. The commission can be rather stiff in and out.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 PM
sf911c2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi View Post
Ferrari doesn't make it main income from selling cars... It's all licensing; that horse is worth a lot! Aston has aspirations to expand it self further into a lifestyle brand like Ferrari has. I think they're off to a good start. AM needs to be careful as Ferrari has F1 to as foundation, but Aston it's something different. They need make sure that "something" never withers or becomes less prestigious.
~70% of Ferrari revenue comes from selling cars, 15% sponsorships & branding etc. I suggest you read the financials....

Old 10-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by sf911c2 View Post
~70% of Ferrari revenue comes from selling cars, 15% sponsorships & branding etc. I suggest you read the financials....
Interesting, I thought it was a lot more and Ferrari is a customer of ours...

Old 10-05-2018, 03:44 PM
mto
I recall an independent study, Ferrari profited 80K for mass production cars. Porsche 20k for mass production cars. No idea for Aston. Of course, studies are studies, fwiw.

Be interesting to read 1Q AMLís financials. That to me, is time to consider any future purchase.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:15 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I'll own the car - not the stock.
The company has a lot to prove. I don't think they have the right approach to expand the ownership base....yet. We'll know more are we watch inventories and sales. They have had inventory issues in the past with lower production. Increased production doesnt mean automatic increased sales. I may be wrong but there are better investment stocks with less risk. The IPO market conditions are favorable so I understand the business strategy to "go to market" in a capital raise. Again, I may be wrong but is there a big demand for the new styled Astons?

Old 10-08-2018, 11:53 AM
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 07sportspack View Post
I'll own the car - not the stock.
The company has a lot to prove. I don't think they have the right approach to expand the ownership base....yet. We'll know more are we watch inventories and sales. They have had inventory issues in the past with lower production. Increased production doesnt mean automatic increased sales. I may be wrong but there are better investment stocks with less risk. The IPO market conditions are favorable so I understand the business strategy to "go to market" in a capital raise. Again, I may be wrong but is there a big demand for the new styled Astons?
They were stupid to make it available only on the London exchange IMO

Old 10-16-2018, 05:29 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Well it looks like the only people making money off of this stock are the short sellers according to Bloomberg. Stock price down 20% since Oct 2nd.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-carmaker-sink

Old 10-17-2018, 01:11 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Jalopnik took a swipe at the stocks today and also at Andy Palmer which I thought was a little uncalled for.

https://jalopnik.com/aston-martin-wa...-it-1829780386

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.