Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 04:13 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by handyman2009
16.10 Britsh Pound or 1,610.00 British Pence... Just lookup AML London Exchange
Ok, I was reading the price wrong ... I was like wow, that is some expensive stock... Just like their spare parts.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
I will through my 2 cents in. AM had to move in the direction they are headed. AM known the all the demographics of their buyers . They need new designs to get new owners and try a brand loyalty development like Ferrari. Having said that given my age I think the old Vantage was perfect as was the DB9 but that is me. I don't see many older buyers looking at the new Vantage. Having said that a friend of mine who is 66 has a new Vantage on order.
As for the stock. I would consider buying some but a 2/3 to 3/4 the asking price. Just because the stock is listed at one price does not meant they will not take another price if you buy enough. I think that sooner or later a major auto company will buy AM and you might be able to make some money on it. If you can make 10% profit take it. But be prepared to lose as AM has had as we all know financial problems forever. My thoughts for what they are worth.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:39 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
I actually wanted to buy stock but my broker said it wasn't available in the US. Anyone have any insight on this?
Mine can. Getting some just for kicks.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Mine can. Getting some just for kicks.
I'd be interested in learning how you do it.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:58 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
I'd be interested in learning how you do it.
same here.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:37 PM
These institutions should be able to buy: Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch etc.

Search here:
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/...ry-search.html

Old 01-22-2019, 01:40 PM
I am completing an application with Merrill Lynch and will be able to buy AML stock in a few days. They said a stock certificate costs about $500 and take a few weeks to get. It can also take a few weeks to sell the stock as the certificate needs to be processed...

Old 02-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I am completing an application with Merrill Lynch and will be able to buy AML stock in a few days. They said a stock certificate costs about $500 and take a few weeks to get. It can also take a few weeks to sell the stock as the certificate needs to be processed...
Just saw your post. Mine didn't take that long. 2 days at most for the entire process. Happy to take this offline via PM if needed.

Btw, prelim 2018 report is here:

https://www.astonmartinlagonda.com/i...-presentations

I am waiting for them to post the webcast replay.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Just saw your post. Mine didn't take that long. 2 days at most for the entire process. Happy to take this offline via PM if needed.

Btw, prelim 2018 report is here:

https://www.astonmartinlagonda.com/i...-presentations

I am waiting for them to post the webcast replay.
It could've been 2 days for me as well.

Either way, I have actually made money on the stock since I bought it! I want everyone on this forum to only buy new Aston Martins please. Strongly consider the DBX when it comes out lol...

Old 02-28-2019, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
It could've been 2 days for me as well.

Either way, I have actually made money on the stock since I bought it! I want everyone on this forum to only buy new Aston Martins please. Strongly consider the DBX when it comes out lol...
Nice! Hold on for the long haul. The future looks promising.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:32 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
This caught my eye watching the BBC news tonight

Aston Martin shares dive by 18% on losses

Old 03-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by BMW-North
This caught my eye watching the BBC news tonight

Aston Martin shares dive by 18% on losses

Stock is quite down from IPO, but after the initial dive it has been steady and slowly rising. It was just over priced on the first day.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:50 PM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
AM stock hammered today (-22%) down to $8 bucks which is all time low. Dealers don't want to order wholesale cars to control inventory. USA and Asia are holding up the ship, Europe is a mess. I guess the US promos helped as AML is still running lease promo since last sept to move volume. In USA ~100 2019 new vantages are on lots with about ~40 2020's landing already.

Palmer better get his act together soon...fix the cash cow (vantage) look and pricing...This will get worse before it gets better and probably looking at 6 bucks on AML stock before Brexit in October...Daimler buyout in 2020/21?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PR link below

https://www.fin24.com/Companies/asto...rexit-20190724

Old 07-24-2019, 05:07 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Today on CarGurus 191 new DB11's in USA stock - that's not good as it's not a bad looking car - but worse also 171 'used' DB11's which are probably new but allowed to be discounted more, like the 'used' 2017 v12S I just bought. If I wanted a bigger car, the DB11 (V12) would be something I'd consider even though the interior is a bit convoluted for me. What is more interesting is that of the 362 DB11's all but 3 are that Mercedes V8!

Of the Vantages - new 145! All of course the Mercedes V8. Now, look at the 'used' again which many are 'new' and an additional 167 appear.

Search New Hurcans - 19

Search New Ferrari's on cars.com (CarGurus dont list Ferrari's) - 3 of all the models.

It's not Brexit - It's terrible decisions from the head brass of the company - any other corporation heads would roll and new management would take over with a redesign of the offerings.

I guess people don't buy Astons without Aston engines - just buy the Mercedes! The V8 Astons would state Power - Beauty - Soul on start up - my V12S does not - it says 'Pure Aston Martin' so it's the last which is truely 'pure Aston' They need to go back to that and not invest in Condo towers, boats, flying cars, etc.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:18 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Today on CarGurus 191 new DB11's in USA stock - that's not good as it's not a bad looking car - but worse also 171 'used' DB11's which are probably new but allowed to be discounted more, like the 'used' 2017 v12S I just bought. If I wanted a bigger car, the DB11 (V12) would be something I'd consider even though the interior is a bit convoluted for me. What is more interesting is that of the 362 DB11's all but 3 are that Mercedes V8!

Of the Vantages - new 145! All of course the Mercedes V8. Now, look at the 'used' again which many are 'new' and an additional 167 appear.

Search New Hurcans - 19

Search New Ferrari's on cars.com (CarGurus dont list Ferrari's) - 3 of all the models.

It's not Brexit - It's terrible decisions from the head brass of the company - any other corporation heads would roll and new management would take over with a redesign of the offerings.

I guess people don't buy Astons without Aston engines - just buy the Mercedes! The V8 Astons would state Power - Beauty - Soul on start up - my V12S does not - it says 'Pure Aston Martin' so it's the last which is truely 'pure Aston' They need to go back to that and not invest in Condo towers, boats, flying cars, etc.
I bet AML dumped a ton of cars at dealerships to get them off their books and have the financials look better. Not unusual for businesses. Suspect, we'll see some great lease deals from dealers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock