Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Maintenance/repair recommendations in So Cal

 
  #1  
Old 12-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 40
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
V12Vanquish is an unknown quantity at this point
Maintenance/repair recommendations in So Cal

Hello all,

I became a happy and proud owner of a 04 V12 Vanquish a few months ago. Although the Vanquish is my second Aston Martin (had a 05 DB9 Volante before), I am still quite unfamiliar with this car. That said, I was wondering if someone could help me with the following questions:

1. Any recommendations for non-dealer independent mechanics in the LA Co. area?

2. The driver side window only goes up halfway and refuses to go up any further. Is this caused by a faulty window regulator?

3. The inside of both headlight lens are cloudy due to outgassing. Is there a way to take the headlights apart to clean them?

4. Has anyone upgraded his/her standard V12 Vanquish using the S specs parts, including both mechanical and body parts? If so, would parts like the S front lip and front grilles fit on the standard front bumper?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jon
 
  #2  
Old 12-24-2018, 08:51 AM
J doubleU's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 47
J doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really nice
Where did you have repair or service done on your DB9? Gen I Vanquish has little support on here. You may try the forum for AMOC.
 
  #3  
Old 12-25-2018, 12:06 AM
mfrankel's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 164
Rep Power: 15
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Congratulations on such an iconic pickup in the 04 Vanq. I find it one of the more "aggressive" AM signature grills -love it.
I too would love to know if others here have a SoCal indy suggestion.

In the meantime, please post some pics of your new addition, and I'm curious why you made the switch that you did....in going vintage versus newer.
 
  #4  
Old 12-25-2018, 02:10 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 40
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
V12Vanquish is an unknown quantity at this point



Originally Posted by J doubleU View Post
Where did you have repair or service done on your DB9? Gen I Vanquish has little support on here. You may try the forum for AMOC.
I had taken my DB9 to Aston Martin of San Diego, Galpin Aston Martin, and CNC Motors for services in the past. The dealerships are great but both Galpin and AM San Diego are a bit out of my way. CNCís service is excellent but I think itís always good to have a back up just in case. Iíll look into AMOC for more advice and feedback. Thank you!


Originally Posted by mfrankel View Post
Congratulations on such an iconic pickup in the 04 Vanq. I find it one of the more "aggressive" AM signature grills -love it.
I too would love to know if others here have a SoCal indy suggestion.

In the meantime, please post some pics of your new addition, and I'm curious why you made the switch that you did....in going vintage versus newer.
Thank you for your kind words! I really liked the DB9 and itís definitely one of the most beautiful cars Iíve owned. However, the DB9 drove more like a daily driver than a weekend warrior; the automatic transmission was simply too refined for me even with the glorious sounding V12. The lackluster sounding Linn 260-watt system did not help, either.

The Vanquish, on the other hand, feels more like a beast (despite having only 10hp more than the DB9). I like how the whole driving experience becomes so much more involved when driving the Vanquish.

Here are some pictures of the Vanquish, which looks really nice after having ceramic coating applied.
 

Last edited by V12Vanquish; 12-25-2018 at 09:27 AM.
  #5  
Old 12-25-2018, 01:44 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 257
Rep Power: 16
lovingit is on a distinguished road
I am also looking for an Indy in the Orange County area. Iíve heard of Raging Bull but no other alternatives. Anything other than Newport AM and Raging Bull?
 
  #6  
Old 12-25-2018, 11:41 PM
FR500GT's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 262
Rep Power: 18
FR500GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
I am also looking for an Indy in the Orange County area. Iíve heard of Raging Bull but no other alternatives. Anything other than Newport AM and Raging Bull?
I recommend both Raging Bull and GMG Racing...just depending on what specific work you are looking to have done!
 
  #7  
Old 12-26-2018, 08:25 AM
J doubleU's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 47
J doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really nice
In the OC for any basic service or older vehicle repairs, Art has been here for 49 years. http://www.britmotor.com/
 
  #8  
Old 12-28-2018, 01:10 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 257
Rep Power: 16
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FR500GT View Post
I recommend both Raging Bull and GMG Racing...just depending on what specific work you are looking to have done!
Where do you recommend for annual service? Oil changes, brakes, etc. does GMG specialize in certain things? They donít seem to be AM specialist.

The whole issue about the jack pads and some shops not having the correct lifts and hockey pucks is kind of annoying.
 
  #9  
Old 12-28-2018, 03:34 PM
FR500GT's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 262
Rep Power: 18
FR500GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lovingit View Post


Where do you recommend for annual service? Oil changes, brakes, etc. does GMG specialize in certain things? They don’t seem to be AM specialist.

The whole issue about the jack pads and some shops not having the correct lifts and hockey pucks is kind of annoying.
For that I would recommend Raging Bull. They did a full PPI on my 09 V8V and I will continue to use them for all servicing. GMG is great for suspension setup, alignment, corner balancing, etc and will be using them once the wheels and coilovers go on!
 
  #10  
Old 12-29-2018, 12:51 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Age: 30
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
Daarthvader is an unknown quantity at this point
I just do all the work my self if not I go to San Diego aston Martin!

on side note for all you located in Cali thereís a fb group that was created called SoCal Aston Martin owners.
 
  #11  
Old 12-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 257
Rep Power: 16
lovingit is on a distinguished road
For those that choose to go to an AM dealer and pay twice the costs for annual service, is there a reason other than itís aston certified technicians?
 
  #12  
Old 12-29-2018, 01:07 PM
yvr's Avatar
yvr
yvr is online now
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 744
Rep Power: 50
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
AMDS + Warranty on parts & labor
 
  #13  
Old 01-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 257
Rep Power: 16
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FR500GT View Post
For that I would recommend Raging Bull. They did a full PPI on my 09 V8V and I will continue to use them for all servicing. GMG is great for suspension setup, alignment, corner balancing, etc and will be using them once the wheels and coilovers go on!
I spoke to Allen at GMG. Seems like they do great work and offer excellent customer service. He just has to verify that they have the tool to turn off the maintenance light since they donít specialize in AMs. Raging Bull has a tiny parking lot. I feel like their customer service isnít that great anymore compared to before. I still have to talk to Art at Britmotors.
 
  #14  
Old 01-08-2019, 07:44 PM
J doubleU's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 47
J doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really nice
Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
I spoke to Allen at GMG. Seems like they do great work and offer excellent customer service. He just has to verify that they have the tool to turn off the maintenance light since they donít specialize in AMs. Raging Bull has a tiny parking lot. I feel like their customer service isnít that great anymore compared to before. I still have to talk to Art at Britmotors.
The maintenance reminder message is a DIY to clear.
 
  #15  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:41 PM
E5PR1T's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
Rep Power: 14
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
https://www.exoticspeedshop.com in Ontario, CA. The best IMO.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maintenance/repair recommendations in So Cal


Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.