2007 V8V Airbag Reset OBD Scanner - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

2007 V8V Airbag Reset OBD Scanner

Old 01-09-2019, 08:18 PM
anasu98 is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 V8V Airbag Reset OBD Scanner

I just moved the passenger seat back to vacuum the carpet and I got 'Passenger airbag off. Urgent service needed' warning sign on my cluster (right side screen - so I can't see the speed as digits) and I have ta o see red warning sign on the left screen en on cluster.

I have been searching how to fix this problem in this forum and the previous owner of my car and the solution was to take the SRS module from the center console and send it to somewhere to get it to reset.

I am looking for an OBD scanner which can reset this annoying sign and I would like to ask you guys which OBD scanner I have to purchase since I need one for the future.

What I have found is FOXWELL NT650 or AUTEL 802, etc.

Could you please let me know what OBD scanner I have to purchase?

Thank you very much in advance~!!

Old 01-09-2019, 08:33 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Scanners

I just bought the Foxwell NT520 scanner with the software for the Aston, Maserati and Land Rover. <Fortunately> I haven’t had reason to use it yet. They advertise that the scanner can perform many OEM diagnostic and reset functions, but who knows? If you send them an email, expect a canned response that it will “perform the intended function” or something to that effect. Wish I could provide a better response...

Old 01-09-2019, 10:45 PM
Emerging Sponsor
hsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of light
I have the same issue (different cause though - I let the battery die, and the SRS light has been on ever since).
I have a Foxwell NT520 which will read the codes, and reset. However, in my case, they come back on right away - the error is in the OCS system.

You may be lucky - I've heard of wires coming loose if you move the seat too far back - maybe if you reset the code, it'll clear. (

Matt

Old 01-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by hsm precision View Post
I have the same issue (different cause though - I let the battery die, and the SRS light has been on ever since).
I have a Foxwell NT520 which will read the codes, and reset. However, in my case, they come back on right away - the error is in the OCS system.

You may be lucky - I've heard of wires coming loose if you move the seat too far back - maybe if you reset the code, it'll clear. (

Matt
Thank you for your answer. I am not sure I am lucky since I moved the seat almost all the way to the end. In this case, do you know what to do to?

Old 01-09-2019, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by DonRW2007 View Post
I just bought the Foxwell NT520 scanner with the software for the Aston, Maserati and Land Rover. <Fortunately> I haven’t had reason to use it yet. They advertise that the scanner can perform many OEM diagnostic and reset functions, but who knows? If you send them an email, expect a canned response that it will “perform the intended function” or something to that effect. Wish I could provide a better response...
Thanks. I just sent an email to Foxwell and asked.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:27 AM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
You find a list of functions of the Foxwell here Function list
Cheers

Christian

Old 01-10-2019, 10:46 AM
Stealthssfc is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a similar issue when I was getting my car repainted after sandstorm damage. The body shop had my doors off and decided to start the car. Of course the SRS system went haywire and they couldn't get it cleared. I bought the foxwell reader and it cleared it no problem. You have to make sure you use the OBD2 port on the passenger side of the car though. That is the OBD2 port for the body which includes the SRS. Hope it works out for you.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:12 PM
MRCW will become famous soon enoughMRCW will become famous soon enough
I use an Autel MD 802 because that is whay I had for my Porsches... not a user friendly, as I had to force it to use Volvo vehicle to read and clear codes