Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

who keeps their aston outside all the time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 02:27 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
who keeps their aston outside all the time?

thinking of buying another exotic. wife like to park her nice suv in one spot and aston has another spot....thinking of getting the next exotic (F430 and parking the aston outside.

am i crazy?

Old 01-16-2019, 03:14 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe

i guess it depends on where you live, and whether or not you intend to use a car cover. And if you own a roadster....

i live in central Virginia, where we’ve had two winter storms to date. Add to that plenty of trees with falling twigs and acorns. In the spring/summer: sap, rain, and sun/heat. And mine’s a roadster. I’ll leave it in the driveway when weather is fair and I’m driving frequently, but mostly garaged.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:26 PM
bhoov14 is on a distinguished road
I purchased a 4 post lift exactly because of this issue. Problem solved

Old 01-16-2019, 05:34 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bhoov14
I purchased a 4 post lift exactly because of this issue. Problem solved
+1 this is the solution. I did the same when I had a two car garage. Other solution is to buy a different house with a bigger garage. I did that and even with the lift my wife’s car had to be on the drive. Now down to six cars they all fit in the garage.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:12 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !

. #HumbleBrag

Last edited by karlfranz; 01-16-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:27 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahem

Originally Posted by karlfranz
#HumbleBrag
But where does the hired help park?

Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I've kept some cars outside for their hold tenure of my ownership. One thing to think about is the shade. Is your driveway in the sun all day or shaded? Makes a big difference. FWIW, when I traded the cars in, no one knew they were outside all year along. You may need an extra waxing or three a year, but that's it. That being said, it would sad to see a Ferrari and the like in the elements all year. If you plan to only own for so long, don't worry about it.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:01 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I have a problem. I love cars and tend to own too many of them. At times, I own more than I have indoor space for. My Vantage was a victim of this behavior. My problem lead to the rental of a garage in which I could house the Aston and another, instead of the logical course of action, reducing inventory to the point at which I could house them all. It was somewhat inconvenient, but I didn't have to worry about it being vandalized (especially nerve wracking on Halloween), pooped on (hopefully by birds), knocked into (the kids like to play baseball in the street), or otherwise exposed to the elements. Well worth the cost.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:50 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Usually parked inside in a locked garage reduce your insurance also.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:05 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
SUV outside...'utility' is the purpose of the vehicle and should be able to handle the outdoors...

or get a new wife...😉

Old 01-17-2019, 07:27 AM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough

Mine lives in a carport March to November, had to install an electronic marten scarecrow (grey box with red label). No problems at all.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
As others wrote, I just purchased an four post lift.

I was renovating a house anyway and the garage was important for me.
I had the ceiling height extended and the roof trusses re designed to be able to recess a car on the lift.

I'm mostly done as of recently but I would never do that again since I went from problem to problem no vendor or contractor was able to help me or solve.
From Custom garage door to offset cut out to motor solutions etc etc etc.

I'm very happy as it is right now with all cars in the garage (except SUV) and how I can park the Aston sideways. The material pile in the pic is gone (taken last week) and the sink cabinet needs to be installed.

To the point, I would never park the most beautiful car ever build outside while parking my wife SUV in the garage.
I assume the hell would freeze before that happens.

Last edited by Zettinger; 01-17-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:53 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice and I see the air conditioner on the wall. AC in the garage is a must here in Florida.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gene G
Very nice and I see the air conditioner on the wall. AC in the garage is a must here in Florida.
Good eye! Very true!

Yes I added a 2.5ktn Split unit AC to the garage but it needs to be charged.
My contractor was supposed to have that done (and everything else on the house) first week of august but I'm running after him for completion.

I see my garage also as a spot to hang out, hence the 65" TV and full stacked beer fridge.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:32 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I am amused at all the replies saying that the wife’s SUV should absolutely be parked outside and the Aston inside.
Thats what us men would LIKE to believe. (Smile) I have been married 42 years and it’s not quite that simple. If the wife works and you live where it gets cold, the ability to get in a fairly warm car without scraping ice from the windows trumps all that manly stuff.
I solved my problem by leaving my SUV outside while I built another garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: who keeps their aston outside all the time?