Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

who keeps their aston outside all the time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 11:42 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by embdenb
I am amused at all the replies saying that the wife’s SUV should absolutely be parked outside and the Aston inside.
Thats what us men would LIKE to believe. (Smile) I have been married 42 years and it’s not quite that simple. If the wife works and you live where it gets cold, the ability to get in a fairly warm car without scraping ice from the windows trumps all that manly stuff.
I solved my problem by leaving my SUV outside while I built another garage.
Nice solution!

Similar to my solution, I build the garage large enough that her SUV can park in there as well (SUV was outside at our last place) but now she doesn't want to anymore somehow and rather parks outside.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:08 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I have a problem. I love cars and tend to own too many of them. At times, I own more than I have indoor space for. My Vantage was a victim of this behavior. My problem lead to the rental of a garage in which I could house the Aston and another, instead of the logical course of action, reducing inventory to the point at which I could house them all. It was somewhat inconvenient, but I didn't have to worry about it being vandalized (especially nerve wracking on Halloween), pooped on (hopefully by birds), knocked into (the kids like to play baseball in the street), or otherwise exposed to the elements. Well worth the cost.
had to laugh out loud when i was reading this!! i'm sure this is exactly like many of us. I not only have a car in storage, a car that has to sit in the driveway at home, but i also keep another car parked at my office. i love how we all resist the LOGICAL move and downsize. it's a disease, i tell ya!!

a low pitched roof and a low garage ceiling are my nemesis.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:22 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe
had to laugh out loud when i was reading this!! i'm sure this is exactly like many of us.
Yep! 5 at the house, 5 at my storage facility. Only 1 is a project car.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:00 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I had the ceiling height extended and the roof trusses re designed to be able to recess a car on the lift.

I'm mostly done as of recently but I would never do that again since I went from problem to problem no vendor or contractor was able to help me or solve.
From Custom garage door to offset cut out to motor solutions etc etc etc.

this is exactly the situation I'm in in reference to ceiling height. i would have to have at least one beam and several trusses re-engineered to make room for a 4-post. i'm curious, based on your comment, whether it was more headache than it was worth or you're still much more happy with the result than the issues of the process. i'm hesitant even before receiving any quotes.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:08 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
this is exactly the situation I'm in in reference to ceiling height. i would have to have at least one beam and several trusses re-engineered to make room for a 4-post. i'm curious, based on your comment, whether it was more headache than it was worth or you're still much more happy with the result than the issues of the process. i'm hesitant even before receiving any quotes.
Does your wife mind the roof of a BMW in her bathroom?

Old 01-17-2019, 03:09 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
had to laugh out loud when i was reading this!! i'm sure this is exactly like many of us. I not only have a car in storage, a car that has to sit in the driveway at home, but i also keep another car parked at my office. i love how we all resist the LOGICAL move and downsize. it's a disease, i tell ya!!

a low pitched roof and a low garage ceiling are my nemesis.
It's even gotten worse. I bought a new house because it has more garage space.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:36 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
When we shop for houses... i get the garage and boat dock...My wife gets the rest

Old 01-18-2019, 12:39 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Parked in the driveway 100% of the time. The sun starts hitting it about 2:00 but I keep it waxed.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:26 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Big garage and natural wine cellar were my only two prerequisites when we moved to our current home.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:44 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I'll send you a private message, don't want to OT the outside Vantage park threat even more

Last edited by Zettinger; 01-18-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by embdenb
I am amused at all the replies saying that the wife’s SUV should absolutely be parked outside and the Aston inside.
Thats what us men would LIKE to believe. (Smile) I have been married 42 years and it’s not quite that simple. If the wife works and you live where it gets cold, the ability to get in a fairly warm car without scraping ice from the windows trumps all that manly stuff.
I solved my problem by leaving my SUV outside while I built another garage.
In the early days of my sickness (aka when I was young), I had two cars in the garage and two outside in Colorado. One being my wife's Subaru. I went out and scraped the ice off the car every morning before I went to work. I doubt she'd tolerate that now though.

I suggest securing space before buying the car. Unless the 430 is an F1. Then don't buy it at all 😀