Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wheel spacer for Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 01:58 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Wheel spacer for Vantage

I want to space out the wheels on my V8, I'm told rear must be 23mm and front must be 11mm
will there be sufficient material holding the stud with the 11mm spacer? I'm concerned it may be weak when driving it like I stole it...
the idea is that the spacer bolts onto the wheel hub, then the wheel will bolt onto the spacer?
i have standard wheel 19/285 rear and 19/245 front

does redpants sell this kit I can't find it on there web site ( my thinking if it comes from him) it's been tried and fitted to a vantage before

Old 02-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
The spacers are solid and may have a lip to make them hub centric...they are drilled with the same bolt pattern as your wheels and longer studs or lugs are required to secure them properly...I am Aston ignorant so check with Redpants for the best spacers and studs/lugs for your application.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
The 11mm come with new nuts, this nuts have extended necks to accomodate more turns.

The H&R 11 and 23mm sets are TUV approved, meaning they went through all the rigidity testing to be save.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:58 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zettinger
The 11mm come with new nuts, this nuts have extended necks to accomodate more turns.

The H&R 11 and 23mm sets are TUV approved, meaning they went through all the rigidity testing to be save.
how does the extended nut work? Surely it would butt up against the wheel contact point ? Wher it tightens the wheel rim to the hub?
i can understand longer threaded studs as this will,then allow the threaded stud to still allow a wheel nut to turn on safely? Please can you elaborate ?

Old 02-04-2019, 08:35 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by captain Greg

how does the extended nut work? Surely it would butt up against the wheel contact point ? Wher it tightens the wheel rim to the hub?
i can understand longer threaded studs as this will,then allow the threaded stud to still allow a wheel nut to turn on safely? Please can you elaborate ?
The nuts have longer necks what go deeper in the wheel bore.

I may can shoot you a picture of both OEM and H&R this evening when I'm home.
My spacers are in the shelf anyway since I have my new wheels with new nuts.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Zettinger
The nuts have longer necks what go deeper in the wheel bore.

I may can shoot you a picture of both OEM and H&R this evening when I'm home.
My spacers are in the shelf anyway since I have my new wheels with new nuts.
the pics will be great! Thank you

i am wanting to only do this once. Much appreciated

Old 02-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Left H&R, right OEM
Sorry for the delay.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:09 AM
Aston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the rough
New Nuts.

Yes that make sense The thread is about 12mm longer in the nut. Well done.

Left H&R, right OEM
Sorry for the delay.
[/QUOTE]