Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

15' Vanquish vs 12' Mercedes SLS AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:04 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The SLS may prove to be a wiser investment, but it's no Aston Martin. I would buy the one that stirs your emotions more when you peak into the garage and get out of the driver's seat. The Mercedes is a little vanilla in the end. Doesn't have the wow factor of the Vanquish.

Have you driven them both?

Old 04-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Desidon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
The SLS may prove to be a wiser investment, but it's no Aston Martin. I would buy the one that stirs your emotions more when you peak into the garage and get out of the driver's seat. The Mercedes is a little vanilla in the end. Doesn't have the wow factor of the Vanquish.

Have you driven them both?
Have driven neither but obviously done a ton of research. As I am getting older I am finding myself not wanting cars that depreciate like a rock. Plenty of used vehicles have the wow factor in the 100-200K range and I really like the vanquish in terms of it's styling.
In the tussle between the head and the heart....the head is on the rise these days.......not sure for how long.......

Btw my other fun car is a 71' 300SEL 6.3 that has been restored. I am thinking the SLS AMG is a good add to that theme with the 300SEL 6.3 and it's AMG heritage(Red Pig etc)

Old 04-22-2019, 10:32 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Desidon
Have driven neither but obviously done a ton of research. As I am getting older I am finding myself not wanting cars that depreciate like a rock. Plenty of used vehicles have the wow factor in the 100-200K range and I really like the vanquish in terms of it's styling.
In the tussle between the head and the heart....the head is on the rise these days.......not sure for how long.......
Well, have you considered a front engine Ferrari? They hold their value pretty well.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Desidon is on a distinguished road
I have known about the 550 maranello . The 575 Superamerica's are all 200K+. Never came into their orbit all. Which ones would you recommend?

Old 04-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Desidon
I have known about the 550 maranello . The 575 Superamerica's are all 200K+. Never came into their orbit all. Which ones would you recommend?
599 Fiorano, California, or California T.

A buddy just bought a '11 California and I was quite impressed how it drove. The reviews make it sound like one thing and then when I drove it I was amazed. Great car.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:39 AM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Well, have you considered a front engine Ferrari? They hold their value pretty well.
Ferrari is so mileage sensitive. You have to be very educated and in tune with the market to avoid getting ripped off. Unless you just buy a high mileage one. Even then....

Old 04-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by silver997
Ferrari is so mileage sensitive. You have to be very educated and in tune with the market to avoid getting ripped off. Unless you just buy a high mileage one. Even then....
Go for a higher mileage one and not worry about the miles. My friend's California has 40K on it and he can drive it without any worry on miles. That 40K looks like 15K in wear. Was an AZ car, so lots of hwy miles and light on the brakes. California has a nice build quality to it too.

If you buy the models not everyone is in a frenzy for, you at least know you got it before they took off.