Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

15' Vanquish vs 12' Mercedes SLS AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 01:37 PM
Desidon is on a distinguished road
15' Vanquish vs 12' Mercedes SLS AMG

Folks...please help me decide on this one. Looking to replace current 996 C4S with another toy. Priced of both these models are in the ball park

Which one do you recommend from a long term value standpoint?

I like the Vanquish because of it being a flagship mode, looks amazing and the NA V12. The 15 model has the 8 speed tranny which is nice.

The SLS has the iconic gullwing doors.

Production numbers are much smaller for the Vanquish.

Who can peek 10-15 years into the future and tell us how history is going to treat these cars?

Thx in advance!

Old 04-19-2019, 03:10 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
The gullwing Mercedes

Old 04-19-2019, 04:25 PM
gordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the rough
The SLS

Old 04-19-2019, 04:56 PM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
Well...I'm an Aston owner, but I gotta say SLS on this one.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by E5PR1T
Well...I'm an Aston owner, but I gotta say SLS on this one.
You guys are killing me! I posted in an Aston forum hoping y'all will confirm my Aston bias because I think the vanquish is just so gorgeous. I must say I am definitely surprised with all the SLS recommendations

Old 04-19-2019, 10:17 PM
Ende is an unknown quantity at this point
Hard to imagine the Vanquish beating the SLS on long term value. The SLS was a real landmark car, and MB has a much larger following and fanbase than Aston. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the Vanquish, however.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:31 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Desidon
You guys are killing me! I posted in an Aston forum hoping y'all will confirm my Aston bias because I think the vanquish is just so gorgeous. I must say I am definitely surprised with all the SLS recommendations
Your post was specific. Which car would appreciate more in the next 10 to 15 years. The Mercedes is the correct answer because of the gullwing doors.
Had you asked which car was prettier, turned more heads, more fun to drive, more loved by more women, envied by all men, then the answer would have been the Vanquish.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:43 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
Vanquish hands down. SLS is awful. Aircraft carrier deck for a hood. Interior from a "budget" Benz.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:07 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Ugly-*** SLS or drop-dead gorgeous Vanquish? Not remotely in the same league. The SLS will not appreciate any more than the Vanquish (or lose any less). At least with the Vanquish you'll feel special sitting inside, instead of sitting in a C class MB.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:41 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
To add insult to injury, I have heard "big shoe" to describe the SLS coupe exterior styling. I am a Benz guy. A W221 owner. So I know ugly and gaudy. Lol.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
A buddy of mine has an SLS - besides hitting my head on the door, it's a land yacht. Hands down - the SLS is a better long term investment - but hands down - the Vanquish would be better to drive, listen to, and I think own other than investment $$$ and possibly reliability issues.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:12 AM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Investment, the SLS. It was an icon when it came out that meant a lot on different fronts - first AMG-alone designed car from the ground up, along with the 6.3 engine, along with the gullwing doors. Everything about it was just special.

That said, and coming from an MB guy like myself, I don't like the SLS - I actually find it somewhat ugly and just not for me. I personally think the Vanquish is much more beautiful and much more for me, but it's definitely the loser in terms of potential future investment.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:27 AM
Thank you folks. I do appreciate all the responses

Old 04-21-2019, 09:49 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
the SLS will hold its value better but the Vanquish is a way better car

Old 04-22-2019, 07:22 AM
yidal8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by silver997
Vanquish hands down. SLS is awful. Aircraft carrier deck for a hood. Interior from a "budget" Benz.
SLS proportions are all wrong. It is actually strikingly ugly from some angles, which makes it rare in a ***-backward way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 15' Vanquish vs 12' Mercedes SLS AMG