Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Is an Electric Aston Martin Blasphemy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 06:26 PM
IB Staff
Curated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud of

By Christopher Hurst

Does this new direction for the company go against all things good?

Old 05-01-2019, 05:32 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
A few weeks ago I was a passenger in A Tesla P100 (?) or what ever they call it test drive that my son took out. He had it in that silly mode, and did not even get on it that much, but for the first time ever in a car I felt my insides squeeze from the acceleration. I could not believe anything could be that quick without smoking all 4 tires (and maybe because it did not let loose). When Harley developed their electric motorcycle they gave it a cool sound - if Aston recognizes the importance of some mechanical aural (something cool) feedback combined with that torque rush I think they will have a winner - but to put it first on an aging platform and not some futuristic one not so sure. When prices get reasonable someday I can see having an electric motorcycle, but not sure about a car, at least not in Minnesota where 50% of the power would be to keep me warm in winter.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:28 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I want that Rivian R1T... faster than just about every production car with the practicality of an offroad pickup truck all the while having a luxurious interior? sure!

Old 05-01-2019, 11:36 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute

A Tesla Model 3 has a worse life-cycle carbon footprint than a similar-sized Mercedes diesel car, the renowned German think tank has found. It warns that electric vehicles are "no panacea" against climate change.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw....als/a-48460328

"I love the smell of gas and burning rubber in the morning..."

Old 05-01-2019, 11:55 AM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Zero interest, but I just told my salesman to tell me when I can order the AMR Vantage!

Old 05-01-2019, 01:09 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I bet they'll get it right and it'll be a hoot to drive. If someone can make a cool electric car; it's Aston Martin.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:37 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
The answer is yes

Old 05-08-2019, 11:42 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
That ****** of a Q is taking back 007s Walther in the next movie and issuing a taser... so it all evens out.