Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tinted windows?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 06:38 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
i didnt do it on the roadster. i dont mind poeple looking at me while driving.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:30 AM
JPS-ATL is on a distinguished road
I just had my 2007 V8V coupe tinted yesterday. I live in Atlanta so for me the main reason was to cut down on the heat gain and not have the a/c struggling to cool the whole time. It's made a huge difference.

I opted for the 3M Crystalline product which is quite a bit more expensive but does a much better job of blocking the infra red. I went 40% on windshield and 50% on side and hatch.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:53 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JPS-ATL
I just had my 2007 V8V coupe tinted yesterday. I live in Atlanta so for me the main reason was to cut down on the heat gain and not have the a/c struggling to cool the whole time. It's made a huge difference.

I opted for the 3M Crystalline product which is quite a bit more expensive but does a much better job of blocking the infra red. I went 40% on windshield and 50% on side and hatch.
Cystalline is the absolute best you can put on. Expensive but worth it. Ceramic is second to that by a long shot.

Pics please, interested to see what the windshield piece looks like.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:45 AM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
Thinking of using SolarGard HP Charcoal tint. Any opinions or concerns?

Old 06-23-2019, 06:32 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dcarrer0
Thinking of using SolarGard HP Charcoal tint. Any opinions or concerns?
Personally i do NOT know all that much about tint. I can't tell you one brand is better than another. Except the Crystaline. However, do a google search on the item and put Forum in the search. Then see what people are saying. Likely its fine and will work nice.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:28 AM
JPS-ATL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Cystalline is the absolute best you can put on. Expensive but worth it. Ceramic is second to that by a long shot.

Pics please, interested to see what the windshield piece looks like.
Not the best picture (Costco parking lot), but here you go. As you can see, it's not so different to factory tint on may US cars.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Fred Forlano will become famous soon enough
3M Crystalline on my '14 Mustang, not sure what's on the Vanquish

When I bought my Mustang back in 13 (14MY), I had the local guy put 3M Crystalline on it, including a 90% on the windshield (which is technically illegal in Florida, but nobody notices because it's barely tinted), and it kept the car noticeably cooler, especially when parked in the sun. I just bought my '14 Vanquish, and it came with tint pre-installed (including something clear on the windshield). Car is from California (so not sure what the laws are there). It's dark, but not 5% blackout dark, and I have no issues with it. When it comes time to redo it, I'll research the latest in tint "technology" and go with whatever the consensus is for "best" tint at that time. As for how the car looks, I've always liked tinted cars, regardless of the color, but that's MHO - YMMV.

Pics of my '14 Vanquish for comparison.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:33 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute

looks really good on dark cars