Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Finally taking the Aston Martin plunge, Advice or Input is appreciated !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:55 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
If you want to know what the car is worth in real dollars, I would take a look at cargurus.com InstantMarket Value.

Plugging in the numbers, Year, Model, Mileage, ZIP Code, options

A fair price would be 31k, private sale about 29.5k, trade in value about 19.3

this is a statistical prediction based on their database of cars nation wide. Like anything else it is a guideline, but if you do a search there are lots of cars closer to home in your price range.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/instantMarketValue.action

Do your homework, every year brought incremental changes, better seats, improved dash, increase in hp. You should get a copy of Definitive Guide to Gaydon Era Aston Martin by Grant Neal.

http://astonmartinreview.co.uk/

My 2 cents
Mark

Old 06-20-2019, 06:47 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mjanis
If you want to know what the car is worth in real dollars, I would take a look at cargurus.com InstantMarket Value.

I'll give them 20K trade in value no problem LOL.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:29 PM
Intrazel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mjanis

this is a statistical prediction based on their database of cars nation wide. Like anything else it is a guideline, but if you do a search there are lots of cars closer to home in your price range.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/instantMarketValue.action

Do your homework, every year brought incremental changes, better seats, improved dash, increase in hp. You should get a copy of Definitive Guide to Gaydon Era Aston Martin by Grant Neal.

http://astonmartinreview.co.uk/

My 2 cents
Mark
Thanks for the info, not much changed between 05-08 as far as I know, I think the seats were upgraded in 08/09, and I agree, I need the Definitive Guide Book but $370 bucks seems steep, does anyone have a pdf or kindle file to spare ?
I couldn't find one in a 1500mile radius in Titanium Silver, if you see one please send the info my way!

As for the cargurus.com site, that site seems off base, I put in my Viper ACR and they were so offbase it was laughable, they're like CarMax, they have no idea about Exotics !!

Old 06-20-2019, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I'll give them 20K trade in value no problem LOL.
I'll give em 20K and a penny LOL

Old 06-24-2019, 06:06 AM
JPS-ATL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Intrazel
Thanks JPS, yea if you have some free time I would be most appreciative, I'm all the way across the country so it would help me make my decision, you could hear the engine and possibly take it for a quick drive and feel if the shocks/bushings and transmission are all tight and smooth !! Much obliged !!
I did manage to swing by the dealership on Friday afternoon and take a quick look. Car looked pretty well cared for one of this age.

They told me that someone from San Diego was flying in Saturday to purchase so I assumed that was you. Did you get it?

Old 06-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by JPS-ATL
I did manage to swing by the dealership on Friday afternoon and take a quick look. Car looked pretty well cared for one of this age.

They told me that someone from San Diego was flying in Saturday to purchase so I assumed that was you. Did you get it?
Thanks for doing that JPS, I really appreciate it, yeah it does seem to be in good shape from the pics I've seen, glad you confirmed that it looks great in person too, did you notice the front bumper being damaged, the lower front under license plate? Yes that is me flying in from San Diego, some other guy was gonna get funding together this week and they marked it Sold for him, I talked to Matt the dealer the next day after it was considered Sold and said that I will send a deposit over right now to secure it, he said the car is yours, I swept it from the other guy but I don't feel bad.. LOL

Old 06-24-2019, 04:28 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for doing that JPS, I really appreciate it, yeah it does seem to be in good shape from the pics I've seen, glad you confirmed that it looks great in person too, did you notice the front bumper being damaged, the lower front under license plate? Yes that is me flying in from San Diego, some other guy was gonna get funding together this week and they marked it Sold for him, I talked to Matt the dealer the next day after it was considered Sold and said that I will send a deposit over right now to secure it, he said the car is yours, I swept it from the other guy but I don't feel bad.. LOL
Talk is cheap... however, nationwide auto dealer took my deposit on a Porsche and then sold it out from under me. Talk to the dealer daily before you hop on a plane

Old 06-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
Talk is cheap... however, nationwide auto dealer took my deposit on a Porsche and then sold it out from under me. Talk to the dealer daily before you hop on a plane
True indeed, I will keep that in mind, I shall not forget the cardinal rule in business/life, trust no one !! I will text the sales guy every 48hrs to show presence, 24hrs equates to annoyance. How many day's elapsed between your deposit and them selling it out from beneath you ?

Old 06-24-2019, 08:17 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
True indeed, I will keep that in mind, I shall not forget the cardinal rule in business/life, trust no one !! I will text the sales guy every 48hrs to show presence, 24hrs equates to annoyance. How many day's elapsed between your deposit and them selling it out from beneath you ?
Wednesday deposit was supposed to have PPI Friday and pick up car Saturday... made arrangements for PPI and was told car sold.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
Wednesday deposit was supposed to have PPI Friday and pick up car Saturday... made arrangements for PPI and was told car sold.
That's shady, what did the salesman and manager say about it ?

What's the point of putting a deposit down.. I hope you raised hell, maybe they got nervous about the PPI, they could have possibly been hiding issues with the car, I had that happen to me when I went to buy a Viper-ACR, the water pump was failing, I caught it, I told the guy I want this car to idle for 10mins before we drive, than run thru every power gear hard, car over heated at the 20min mark, I said I'm glad we figured that out, the salesman was not happy, but I was, needless to say I didn't buy it !!

Old 06-25-2019, 05:59 PM
That's shady, what did the salesman and manager say about it ?

What's the point of putting a deposit down.. I hope you raised hell, maybe they got nervous about the PPI, they could have possibly been hiding issues with the car, I had that happen to me when I went to buy a Viper-ACR, the water pump was failing, I caught it, I told the guy I want this car to idle for 10mins before we drive, than run thru every power gear hard, car over heated at the 20min mark, I said I'm glad we figured that out, the salesman was not happy, but I was, needless to say I didn't buy it !!
It was years ago... no response from local dealership. Spoke with some regional guy who apologized and offered to help out on another 'deal...' I never bothered to call back or visit dealerships again. I tell others (in person) of my experience

Old 10-17-2019, 11:16 AM
MSchweitzer is an unknown quantity at this point
buying advice

In my experience, owning a 12 V12 Virage, and others owning Vantages, the engines and car in general are very reliable, if properly maintained and stored. Mine still looks and drives as new. A '12 Virage is probably way out of your budget unless you find a high mile version. Personally, because of the waterfall dash changes, I'd go for a 2009, Vantage or DB9 -- the next big change for the DB9 occurs in 2013, but again, way out of your price range. Finally, the great deals are on pre 2009 cars. You have to live with less power and dated Volvo electronics and switchgear, but it's still a hand built car.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:09 PM
michel(houston) is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 07sportspack
Looks to be a good value. I'd opt for a 09 or later if I were in the market. BTW- Virages are somewhat under appreciated and often offered at a good value. Good luck
Thanks for the input. I am in the market for one too and wanted some advice. The two main things I am looking for are : 1-Roadster (SoCal) and 2- 09 and above as apparently the 4.7 L is a bit more powerful and the interior is updated.

Questions:
1- Is the jump from 09 to the facelift in 11 worth it (meaning was the interior and engine changed enough or was it mostly the exterior?)
2- The obvious question of MT vs sport shift. Better to go with an 09 manual or ok to go for '11 with sport shift?

thanks a bunch !

Old 10-24-2019, 03:32 PM
bobdisp will become famous soon enough
I bought my DB9 last year for the grand touring part too Inrrazel. Mission accomplished. I put 4k miles on it the first year. I don't miss a clutch in it. Just put it on the road and go. Good luck to ya.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:42 PM
V12Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point
Video about the engine tick on early V12s

Also I PM'd you. I bought an 09 Manual DB9 after 3 years of researching and looking. The car I bought is a one owner, with full service history since new.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally taking the Aston Martin plunge, Advice or Input is appreciated !!