Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Aston Martin vantage key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 04:31 PM
alexyy1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Aston Martin vantage key

Hi, guys:

I recently leased a 2019 vantage. When I picked up the car, I was presented with two cheap plastic keys. When I asked dealer about the jewellery key, I was told this car was not optioned with that. For a car with 30k options, am I wrong to expect a nice set of keys like DB11 have. The car is amazing, but the whole key situation left a bad taste in my mouth.

Am I wrong for feeling this way?

Last edited by alexyy1212; 07-10-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:15 PM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
it would only bother me if purchasing the car

Old 07-10-2019, 07:48 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
They are big ugly keys even if its chrome on the edges. Ask them for a leather cover to hide the ugliness.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I was disappointed, too. But on the bright side, my Vantage has keyless entry and drive so I don't need to take the key out of my pocket.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:42 AM
Kinda lost my negotiation power now I have taken the car. 😣

Originally Posted by J doubleU
They are big ugly keys even if its chrome on the edges. Ask them for a leather cover to hide the ugliness.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:44 AM
I do too!! But every time I looked at my keychain... oh well, I guess I just have to get used to it.

Originally Posted by programmatore
I was disappointed, too. But on the bright side, my Vantage has keyless entry and drive so I don't need to take the key out of my pocket.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:06 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I guess... another reason to not like the new vantage?

Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 AM
I like the car a lot. I came from a Jaguar f type R awd. This car definitely feels lighter and handles better. It does come with P zero tires standard. Need to swap them out for Michelin 4S for better experience. The infotainment system feels old and not that easy to use, and that’s after living with Jag’s horrendous infotainment system. Honestly, all I need is apple CarPlay, which it doesn’t have. Other than that, very nice car. Good exhaust sound ( a little less noisy than F type), nice camera ( 360 camera feels like a must after only use it a few times so far), and very comfortable seats ( the ride is way less rougher than f type).

Originally Posted by MRCW
I guess... another reason to not like the new vantage?

Old 07-11-2019, 08:42 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Pretty sure the new vantage has carplay and Android auto. I paired it before. Maybe a firmware update? Check with dealer.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:49 AM
I know last gen vantage got it through software update. I asked the dealer specifically, and they said no. I tried to plugin the phone and no response. But I will call the service department to see if possible.
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Pretty sure the new vantage has carplay and Android auto. I paired it before. Maybe a firmware update? Check with dealer.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 AM

I’m afraid not.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:00 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
The infotainment system in the New Vantage is the previous generation system from Mercedes Benz. It does not come with CarPlay or Android Auto.

Aston Installations do offer a retrofit kit that gives you either CarPlay or Android Auto.

Check them out on https://www.facebook.com/astoninstallations/ or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astoninstallations/

Old 07-11-2019, 04:04 PM
I recently drove a new vantage during my visit to UK and that one paired. It was a 2020 model. I wonder if that was updated or maybe the dealer went with the 3rd party vendor.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by V12Vin
I recently drove a new vantage during my visit to UK and that one paired. It was a 2020 model. I wonder if that was updated or maybe the dealer went with the 3rd party vendor.
By "paired" do you mean Bluetooth audio paired or Apple CarPlay paired? Or did you plug it in to the Vantage's USB port and Apple CarPlay came up on the display?

I stream music from my iPhone running Spotify whenever I drive my Vantage but I don't have Apple CarPlay.

Last edited by programmatore; 07-11-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
By "paired" do you mean Bluetooth audio paired or Apple CarPlay paired? Or did you plug it in to the Vantage's USB port and Apple CarPlay came up on the display?

I stream music from my iPhone running Spotify whenever I drive my Vantage but I don't have Apple CarPlay.

Yep apple car play paired.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Aston Martin vantage key