Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

BAT bargain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 05:52 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
BAT bargain

I think this was a bargain:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-5/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-29-2020 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:09 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
IMHO-I don't think so, that car needed lot of repairs, cracked front splitter, worn seat & few more things, plus it has 22k plus miles.... I think it was ok deal.plus buyer had to bat fee on top of that...

Old 01-30-2020, 05:40 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
^ I agree. The car needs a bit of work which will be expensive. IF it was a manual, then yes. But for the auto version with the work and miles, not that great. Keep in mind Aston parts are expensive, plus leather repairs and other fixes will ad up quick.

Ive seen much lower mile examples asking mid/high 80’s - low 90’s which would be better buys IMO.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:55 AM
JPS-ATL is on a distinguished road
This one is listed close to me with lower miles and similar price (before negotiation).

https://www.selectluxury.com/VDP-2015-aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-c-4372.htm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-30-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:59 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
It looked great, but one can find a low mile certified V12S for not that much. If I diod not already have a 2017 V12S, I probably wold have bid on it, primarily I liked the interior. My previous nightmare buying a 22K mile V12S that was abused ended up OK because it was Aston Martin corporate that was behind the deception and I ended up whole (it was Timeless Certified), but with no certification or warranty I'd be screwed. As far as the bolster wear on the seat - in just 4 months use,and very little miles, by Sahara Tan seats already worn through the dye - this will be a warranty issue that I'm sure Aston will contest as 'normal wear' (I do not wear jeans in the Vantage). If they do I'm so pissed that Aston cannot get Tan leather dye right (I've had same problem in past 'new era' Astons - but never in the old Lagonda's I've owned) that if they do not cover it under warranty I'll get an attorney involved. This does not seem to be a prevalent with Astons with black interiors, but light colored ones (I had new'ish a V8GT with light grey, almost white, interior - same problem). Aston knows this is a problem (verified in a conversation I had with my dealer on tan interiors in the DBX that other dealers apparently brought up their concerns). So the worn seat would be something I'd expect on a 22,000 mile new era Aston with light dye color, the cracked front splitter is a pricey replacement, but might be cosmetically fixed cheaper. If that's all that was wrong, and regularly serviced and not abused, could have been a really decent deal. On my 2017 V12S, I bought it as the first owner, paid a premium for that, but I know the history and will take care of it over and above the minimum Aston maintenance schedule and extend the warranty as long as possible. When it comes out of hibernation - I'll report on this blog if Aston says a 4 month total use wear through the bolster is 'normal' wear on a tan interior.