Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage ASM Issue + Welcome Thread !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 09:13 AM
moshraver is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Irish07@VelocityAP
Kind of alarming the P0946 was overlooked when diagnosed initially.

The position #1 ASM Relay in boot fusebox was diagnosed by ASM/TCU as stuck closed (P0946), which caused the ASM pump to stay on and overheat and storing the other associated codes, which caused to much resistance and popped fuse power supply to ASM pump relay.

Good to hear it's been sorted out with new relay! 👍
Yes exactly. I'm still shocked they would overlook such a simple code during diagnosis. Flipside was a complete clutch job, so ........

Final Update - Have driven the car over 220 miles and the issue has not come back once. I think it's safe to say the issue has been resolved. Thank you to everyone who chimed in to help.
Hope this helps someone in the future resolve this issue with a 8$ fuse vs a $8000 clutch job @ Aston.

-Vicky

Old 12-16-2023, 07:36 PM
ALeighV8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi all. I've just joined this forum specifically to thank all who contributed to this thread. Biiiiig thanks guys.
I was broken down yesterday in Cornwall, England with no gears, (exactly the same problem as above), It was just getting dark, freezing cold and misty/raining. No phone signal without pacing around like an idiot but eventually I found you guys, this post.
I swapped the relay, pulled all of my fuses to visually inspect and found a blown 30 amp. Called a friend who came out with fuses and hey presto, drove home faultlessly.
So, thanks again guys, a godsend.

Old 12-17-2023, 10:39 PM
moshraver is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ALeighV8
Hi all. I've just joined this forum specifically to thank all who contributed to this thread. Biiiiig thanks guys.
I was broken down yesterday in Cornwall, England with no gears, (exactly the same problem as above), It was just getting dark, freezing cold and misty/raining. No phone signal without pacing around like an idiot but eventually I found you guys, this post.
I swapped the relay, pulled all of my fuses to visually inspect and found a blown 30 amp. Called a friend who came out with fuses and hey presto, drove home faultlessly.
So, thanks again guys, a godsend.
I'm super happy to hear this thread helped someone stranded in a time of need. It has been over 3 years since this thread and my aston is running as strong as ever from this situation. No clutch job as of yet.
Cheers !