Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How much attention does your Aston really get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 07:54 AM
M I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by slkret123
M I Six
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I love that Avery color shift material/ How long has the film been on your car and how's it holding up? What did you do in the door jambs? What about under the hood and trunk lids? are the calipers powder coated or are they wrapped also? The black union jack looks good I think. Does the film go on top of the stone guard in front of the rear wheels or did you remove that material and put new on top of the Avery vinyl? How well does the color shift work under city lighting at night?
Very nice.
Steve
The wrap does hold up to road rash well. I have a couple panels being replaced, then whole car PPF. There's no touch up paint for wraps, so small nice show up. I found a PPF that will maintain the Satin finish. Getting ceramic over that.

I did jams but not under hood. Though I did do the engine braces. Calipers are painted.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:12 AM
slkret123 will become famous soon enough
So, did they remove the doors in order to wrap the jambs? How did they deal with the hinges? I guess my real question is how much disassembly did they do and did it go back together right??

Steve

Old 04-16-2021, 09:56 AM
TheDream829 is an unknown quantity at this point
So, did they remove the doors in order to wrap the jambs? How did they deal with the hinges? I guess my real question is how much disassembly did they do and did it go back together right??

Steve
You can do the door jams but it'll cost more. I wrapped my 911 but I didn't do the door jams since my car was originally black. It looked normal when the doors opened.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:56 AM
M I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud ofM I Six has much to be proud of

Steve
Yes they took the doors off. The difference in a decent wrap and epic wrap is all in the payroll. I could have wrapped the car for $3K with out jams, with out pulling the side vents, with out pulling the front and rear bumpers etc... Paid just over 5K and results are great. Only complaint is the durability of the wrap to small stone chips. Spend the extra for complete ppf after

I have a new Maxton front bumper, grill and splitter arriving tomorrow that will be wrapped then swapped out. Original bumper got scrapped as the car is lowered. Tore up some of the wrap. Excuse to modify the car again.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:18 PM
PFTF is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rjscharer
Mine seems to be the only new one in this part of Florida. Smiles,stares,questions and lots of 10 year
old kids that ask if they can sit in it....
The only two Astons I’ve seen in St Augustine are my own and a Vanquish II that belonged to some snooty guy - he scowled at me and rolled his window up when I pulled up next to him and waved. Love the color on yours!

Nobody really seems to notice mine, which is the way I like it. I’d say half the attention it gets is positive, and half intensely negative from the rural Florida F150 meth head crowd.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:33 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PFTF
The only two Astons I’ve seen in St Augustine are my own and a Vanquish II that belonged to some snooty guy - he scowled at me and rolled his window up when I pulled up next to him and waved. Love the color on yours!

Nobody really seems to notice mine, which is the way I like it. I’d say half the attention it gets is positive, and half intensely negative from the rural Florida F150 meth head crowd.

nice looking... several of us in ne/ central Florida.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:53 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PFTF
The only two Astons I’ve seen in St Augustine are my own and a Vanquish II that belonged to some snooty guy - he scowled at me and rolled his window up when I pulled up next to him and waved.
That's funny. I was at a red light in Weston, MA. Very local town kind of road in my dark blue V8V. Right next to me at the light is older guy in the same color blue DB7 and couldn't turn his head to save his life. I know he saw me. Later that year I joined AMOC and at a club pub night, someone looked just liked him and I asked if that was his car... It was not, he was getting a DB7 in a couple of weeks as a family gift.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:11 AM
Parvenu is on a distinguished road
Zero attention here in Palm Beach. I pass at least 3 AMs just driving to the gym everyday. Yesterday in the Publix supermarket lot besides my Vantage there was a DB11, a McLaren 720s, a Porsche TurboS, a Lambo Huracan, a Ferrari California and 812 Superfast, a new Vette and 2 Maser GTs in addition to a Cullinan and Bentayaga. Just going to the grocery store, or driving through the little town, is like going to a Cars and Coffee. But when I'm back in Massachusetts the Vantage gets as much attention as my Ferrari as there are so few of each on the road.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:19 PM
thisistcab7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Texas - Daily Drive V8V

Attention appears to be almost 0

I also have a Lotus Elise attention is more like an 8

Old 05-02-2021, 09:41 PM
Coobie is an unknown quantity at this point
In Scottsdale there are a lot of high end cars always around. However, my 2020 vantage gets a lot of attention. Probably due to it's rarity. I have only seen 2 others around. I must say I get the most attention from Ferrari owners. Go figure.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:30 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I’m not far from you. I’m in Saint Johns and have a tungsten silver V8Vantage GTS. There is another owner her in Saint Johns that has a silver 2015 DB9.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:16 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
if one's aston isn't getting the attention it deserves, move to a low-rent neighborhood, like me. mine gets plenty of attention, but i often wonder if people are admiring the beautiful paint job or that the paint on the body panels match.

Last edited by 61mga; 05-24-2021 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:34 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Last year I had our 2008 green Aston at Cars and Coffee at the Concours at Amelia. It had a crowd around it all day. It was the only Aston Martin at the event.

Old 05-25-2021, 06:19 PM
kdm
kdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of light
I went to the Cars and Coffee event at Amelia Island last Saturday. I think I saw only 2 Astons. A DBS and a Vantage .

Old 05-26-2021, 03:57 AM
Rjscharer is an unknown quantity at this point
Took mine to the Duval Kids for Cancer car show at World Golf Village 2 weeks ago. Hundreds of people
of which maybe 20 knew what it was. Most people called it an Austin Martin. Any way it won best of show.
fun to let some of the kids sit behind the wheel....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: How much attention does your Aston really get?