Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Almond Green -- How Rare?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 03:07 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I dig any british car in green.

Old 07-03-2020, 03:55 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Hey its a great color. I love my V12 V in it. Get compliments everywhere. Not sure how many V12s are in this color, but I suspect very few.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:19 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
No question that's the best green in a aston. But I would still never buy a green car lol

Old 07-03-2020, 11:27 PM
Christian Cameron will become famous soon enough
Well a sale is under way! Coming from an '05 Cooper S and a Jeep Wrangler, never owned anything like this so I'm really excited. Better pics to come hopefully soon

Old 07-03-2020, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by CJPatel
Hey its a great color. I love my V12 V in it. Get compliments everywhere. Not sure how many V12s are in this color, but I suspect very few.

Absolutely gorgeous! In an ideal world, I'd have your interior color, too lol

What's the difference between Almond green and DBR9 Racing Green? They look identical to me.

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 07-04-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:07 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Almond Green, Racing Green, and DBR9 Racing Green are all very similar. The only way to distinguish them is when they are side by side in a photo, otherwise good luck because photo lighting conditions has a huge effect on the perceived shade.

I am surprised that there aren’t far more green Astons considering it is their racing color like red is for Ferrari. You notice when they come out with specials they tend to first show them in green. Prior to the Gaydon generation, there were more green Astons as a percent of the total, but still not a lot compared to red Ferraris.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:54 AM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I am surprised that there aren’t far more green Astons considering it is their racing color like red is for Ferrari. You notice when they come out with specials they tend to first show them in green. Prior to the Gaydon generation, there were more green Astons as a percent of the total, but still not a lot compared to red Ferraris.
Exactly what I was thinking when I was looking for my car. I expexted to find a good selection of green Astons based on heritage - but no such luck. A classic green exterior with Sandstorm interior would have been my first choice ...

Old 07-05-2020, 02:15 AM
drac will become famous soon enoughdrac will become famous soon enough
As a Hardley Green owner, I would snap this up ASAP.
I think the interior is quite cool.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:26 AM
ecajag is an unknown quantity at this point
I have owned a lot of British cars and all of them were green, at the moment I have a California Sage Green DBS with a Bitter Chocolate interior and I get a lot of compliments everywhere I go...
any shade of green suits a British car better, IMHO
on the other hand, I like that few people agree with me, so I can enjoy a fairly rare car...

Old 07-05-2020, 03:45 AM
kumayama is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ecajag
I have owned a lot of British cars and all of them were green, at the moment I have a California Sage Green DBS with a Bitter Chocolate interior and I get a lot of compliments everywhere I go...
any shade of green suits a British car better, IMHO
on the other hand, I like that few people agree with me, so I can enjoy a fairly rare car...
Any pictures? never seen a DBS in alifornia sage green

Old 07-05-2020, 04:55 AM
ecajag is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kumayama
Any pictures? never seen a DBS in alifornia sage green
it's a quite rare color for a DBS, I have have seen only other three so far.
Michael *** had two (a coupè and a roadster) with questionable Absynthe Green interiors, the third one is Slovakian registered with a light interior
these are the only pictures of my car that I have right now, they are awful, forgive me...

Old 07-05-2020, 06:27 AM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I am surprised that there aren’t far more green Astons considering it is their racing color like red is for Ferrari. You notice when they come out with specials they tend to first show them in green.
Agreed. I'm a huge fan of the dark green they put on the V8 GTs. In my opinion, the best color combination for an Aston is dark green with a chocolate or sand interior.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by drac
As a Hardley Green owner, I would snap this up ASAP.
I think the interior is quite cool.
Already did! downpayment made and still waiting for the financing, will be completed Monday

Gorgeous car by the way! I originally wanted silver, it's the classiest color and although you see a lot of cars in silver these days, Aston's really own that color, it's a great choice. But something in me still rebelled a little from getting a silver car and wanting more color, and green was the second choice -- hardly green seems like a really nice mix of the two. All the classiness of silver with a little freshness of color!

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 07-05-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:15 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Pre congratulations for a new member! See how much excitement you have created.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Kalepsis
Agreed. I'm a huge fan of the dark green they put on the V8 GTs. In my opinion, the best color combination for an Aston is dark green with a chocolate or sand interior.
Before I started seriously looking to buy, I always thought if I had one it would be in a dark green. I think it's a great color, traditionally British and works really well. The only reason I couldn't go through with that is that Ghillies green and Pentland green kind of hide the shape of the car because they are so dark, kind of like black almost in some lights. Fantastic colors, and it looks great in black, too, it really does, but black hides the shape of a car a little. I have a Jeep Wrangler in black but you can't hide the shape of a Jeep! But I'm not knocking the color, I thought I wanted the vantage in black at one point, you can make the car understated, or you can really go for a "mean" blacked out look, which also looks great. Personally I wanted a lighter color that really highlighted the shape of the car, I wanted to see the dark headlights and the grill and every accent against a lighter exterior, it's that good looking. I changed my mind so many times but this almond green I've settled on I think is perfect.

Build thread coming soon. Don't worry it will stay looking mostly stock! But I have a few things planned and I'm looking forward to people's input

EDIT: I see the green you are talking about with the later v8 vantage GTs, I think it's Alloro Green -- I'm a fan, too!

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 07-05-2020 at 08:41 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almond Green -- How Rare?