Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Almond Green -- How Rare?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Christian Cameron will become famous soon enough
Almond Green -- How Rare?

I'm considering buying an '07 Almond green v8 vantage. The price is on the slightly higher side, which I could possibly manage, but I'm not a fan of the interior, and for the price I'd rather be getting exactly the spec I want. My question is, how rare are almond green on an early 4.3L v8 vantages? I don't mind waiting a while longer, but I've been watching the market for 4 months and this is the first time I've ever seen one of these come up. If these are really rare and I won't have this opportunity for a while then perhaps I might want to jump on this.

P.S. In case you've noticed me posting threads about different colors, I took the advice of people on this thread to be open to different colors, and I'm glad I took the advice! I appreciate the input here so far.

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 07-02-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:42 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Probably less than 20, it's a color that works well. Unless you hate green in general.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:36 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Agree, a pretty rare colour. More common on DB9's and DBS' I should think, although I don't have the numbers to back up that statement.

What colour is the interior on the car you are looking at?

Old 07-02-2020, 01:10 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Any pictures?

Old 07-02-2020, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Probably less than 20, it's a color that works well. Unless you hate green in general.
Yikes. In that case I should probably not wait around! Yeah it's a really fresh color. Similar to AM Racing Green and DBR9 Green. Don't want to miss my chance if they aren't going to come up often.

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 07-04-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by spinecho
Agree, a pretty rare colour. More common on DB9's and DBS' I should think, although I don't have the numbers to back up that statement.

What colour is the interior on the car you are looking at?
Parliament green leather and green carpet. I didn't want to say the interior for risk of offending anyone who chose this haha! Just not to my taste.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Any pictures?
From the seller:

These pictures aren't the best, I've seen almond green on other cars and it's a bit more vibrant.

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 07-02-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:04 PM
convexproblem will become famous soon enough
Ah that car, I was looking at it too! The interior color looks like...something that goes down the sewage drain pipe. I couldn't get over it.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:13 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
I had Parliament green on my old, Ghillies Green V8 Vantage, but it was set off with Sandstorm on the inner parts of the seats and doors, which gave a very nice look IMO. But solid green everything inside? Too much!

Old 07-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Alloro Green is fantastic and more common on the later V8's

Old 07-02-2020, 05:21 PM
MyMachV is an unknown quantity at this point
I really dig the green on green.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:22 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
If you really want Almond and you don’t buy this Vantage, you won’t find another. When I went looking for a green DBS, I spent two years before finding one. I looked for a green Vanquish for two years before throwing in the towel and going for blue. And that was two years ago, and still haven’t found a green one.

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 07-02-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:53 PM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
Love that color. When I started my search for a V8V a green exterior was high on my list. Over a two or three year period I think I found one. I'll second what XJRS said above -- I think your choices are going to be somewhat limited.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:16 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Not too many out there...

I consider myself lucky to have acquired a 2007 Chiltern Green Vantage back in 2009.
Found out later that it was a previously offered AM paint color (DB7) and was about a $3000 option at that time; interior is a combination of Bison Brown/Absynthe Green, which I've received numerous compliments on.
Not many green Astons to be found, despite the numerous variations that AM offered at the time-If you like it, go for it.

FYI, a fellow forum member has a nicely equipped Giles Green 2008 Vantage for sale on the marketplace: It might give you something to compare to...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...v8vantage.html
PS: It's also a Florida car...and it's sold (oops my bad).

Last edited by DonL; 07-02-2020 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 07-03-2020, 09:14 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
This is one of the few....... Bitter chocolate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almond Green -- How Rare?