Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Lord Byron Car Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Christian Cameron will become famous soon enough
Lord Byron Car Thread

Last year I got a 2007 V8 Vantage which I have named Lord Byron. The color is almond green, and it’s a manual transmission.

Here’s what it looked like when I bought it

Now here’s what it looks like after:

BC Racing coilovers + Swift springs (Thanks Richard at Redpants!)

Apex EC-7 in Anthracite (thanks Stuart at Velocity AP!)
Rear: 18x11 ET 52
Front: 18x9.5 ET 38

Tires: Michelin’s Pilot Super Sport XL
Rear: 295/35
Front: 255/40

(those first two photos actually show the rears with 5mm spacers, but I removed them because I didn’t think necessary fit better without them in following photos)

Last two photos show the ECPS V12S style grille but I am planning to go to a 6-bar slatted grille, some more plans for the car for exhaust and tune but I have to let my wallet recover first

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 01-10-2021 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:44 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Interesting, I've been thinking of that V12S style grill for my V8, but when I saw it on your car, I though 'no, it loses some of the classic Aston look'. I think the 6-bar grille will look better on the car

Old 01-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelD
Interesting, I've been thinking of that V12S style grill for my V8, but when I saw it on your car, I though 'no, it loses some of the classic Aston look'. I think the 6-bar grille will look better on the car
I went back and forth, but when I saw how aggressive it already looked with the new wheels, I felt it didn’t need the v12s grille. I definitely want to make it more aggressive than the factory look, which with all the chrome and the wheel design really doesn’t bring that out enough, but I want to keep it balanced, too.

With a V12 hood I think the v12s grille would look great, but I don’t plan to go that route so it looks slightly out of place to me. Still looks good but I think the 6 slat grille will be the sweet spot for this car

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 01-10-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:44 AM
V12Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point
Any noticeable ride quality improvements going down to 18inch wheels? Looks great!

Old 01-11-2021, 01:32 PM
TiAg is on a distinguished road
Looks fantastic !! If you plan on keeping the grill, maybe you can black out the chrome window trim to match it.
Also, I'll dm you a link to a whatapp group of Aston owners down in S.Florida if you are interested. It has a good mix of Aston folks and they are looking to do some Aston specific meets soon.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by V12Stealth
Any noticeable ride quality improvements going down to 18inch wheels? Looks great!
Can’t comment on that as I did the BC Racing coilovers at the same time. I wanted to maintain as close to stock comfort as possible and I did achieve that, I think the comfort level is very close if not the same. Not sure how much the lighter tire/wheel combo has to do with that

have to be more careful on speed bumps though as it’s quite low

Last edited by Christian Cameron; 01-11-2021 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by TiAg
Looks fantastic !! If you plan on keeping the grill, maybe you can black out the chrome window trim to match it.
Also, I'll dm you a link to a whatapp group of Aston owners down in S.Florida if you are interested. It has a good mix of Aston folks and they are looking to do some Aston specific meets soon.
thanks! Already did the chrome delete, even though I’m going to a 6 bar chrome grille I think the black accents will still work well (and I have the stock 8 bar grille converted to a 4 bar grille painted black as a backup if I want to go black again)

yeah would love to be a part of the group and see some nice local cars, PM me the details