Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Installing H&M Springs on V8 Vantage DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 08:20 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Installing H&M Springs on V8 Vantage DIY

I have a set of H&R's I'm going to install on my 07 V8 Vantage. Anyone done this 'hands on' before and can share any tips? Special tools (other then spring compressors) required? Do the rear strut top access require gutting the interior of the car? TIA. Duane

Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Duane it's elude (changed my 6Speed Username ), here's the extract from the Workshop Manual. I didn't do my H&R springs (too much time), but I heard it's relatively straight forward. No rear interior access or dis-assembly required, just the wheel arch liner.

Attached Images           

Last edited by DoubleLow7; 05-12-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:23 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Perfect! That's exactly what I needed. Thanks for taking the time to post all that, most appreciated!

Old 05-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Nice! Now _that_ is a reply. Rep points 4 u! (Edit - oh damn I've already given you some lol, c'mon people lets see some respect here)

Old 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Nice! Now _that_ is a reply. Rep points 4 u! (Edit - oh damn I've already given you some lol, c'mon people lets see some respect here)
+1! Musta given rep points with ur old username.... Nice post though.

FWIW, I did the H&R springs on my DB9 and it was super easy. Didn't even need a spring compressor. I did have a lift at the time though which made for crawling around on the ground and at my advanced age THAT was a definite plus. I've done H&Rs on Porsches and one Audi that were much more difficult..... Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
That reply was epic

Cannot wait to see the drop. If I kept my car I would definitely do this next time it was in the shop.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:46 AM
00aston is on a distinguished road
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what's the estimated time involved in changing springs? The local AM dealer is saying 6 hours total and another independent is quoting 8 hours!! (On a Vantage)

Old 09-05-2015, 10:10 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
it takes that long! Half of the time is removing and reinstalling the darn fender liners. The rear top strut mounts are angled toward the chassis and very limited space to access the 3 nuts on top. A ratcheting box wrench makes it far easier, I believe the nuts are 13mm if I recall correctly. The fronts are relatively straight forward, but there are fixings holding the brake lines in place and the lower bolt is very large and requires a few wrenches to hold one side and loosening the other side. I am very proficient at wrenching on my cars and this job was not difficult, just time consuming.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:54 PM
BlueCrush is on a distinguished road
This link should be posted on the FAQ section, I've been searching for these instructions to take on my spring replacement project. Thanks "Doublelow7" for the workshop manual printout.

Anyone know where I can buy the workshop manual?

Old 09-07-2015, 05:05 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlueCrush
Anyone know where I can buy the workshop manual?
It's in the FAQ astonmartintechinfo.com

Old 09-08-2015, 08:20 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
here a thread from when I did mine (DB9 though but shall be fairly similar): https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4312720

It's fairly straight forward but make sure you compress the OEM springs as far as possible to enable 'clearance' when pulling them out. I used the cars weight to fully compress them.

I also remember that just taking- out the upper control arm is all that's required to take the compressed spring+shock out of the car.

Good luck and as always: take the time for it.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:25 PM
BlueCrush is on a distinguished road
Thanks for info, time to order my springs from Stuart.