Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage ASM feed and return hose replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 07:33 AM
E30 Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
V8 Vantage ASM feed and return hose replacement?

Hearing the stories about the degradation of these hoses being a common problem, and seeing a few posts from Stuart that Velocity AP is now selling DAE "higher quality" replacement hoses, has me thinking about tackling the job as preventative maintenance. My car is a 2009 with ASM1.

Is this job something that someone reasonably capable around the garage can be expected to perform with the car up on a 4 post lift? I have been unable to track down documentation of this project, so I really have no idea about level of effort. I'm in Columbus, OH and the nearest AM dealer is in Cleveland. As far as I know, there are no local independent AM shops in my area. Any insight/tips/experience would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-03-2021, 10:15 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Interested in this as well. 2009 vantage with about 28k miles on mine. At each annual service, I poke around and look at the undercarriage for drips ana other abnormalities... not sure if this is an issue that can get progressively worse or just fails.
Not sure if this is the correct procedure or correct hoses. please review

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ASM Hoses.pdf (1.32 MB, 94 views)

Last edited by MRCW; 12-03-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:29 AM
61mga will become famous soon enough
unless it was a given that a hose failure occurred on all astons within a given period that i thought reasonable, i might consider replacing them beforehand, otherwise i'd just keep an eye on them every year or so. but everybody's different i suppose.

BTW, you might want to try contacting Midwestern Auto Group (was originally a VW dealership, now deal with multiple brands), they may be of help. years ago, they were located in dublin, i suspect they are still there.

Last edited by 61mga; 12-03-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:51 PM
E30 Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 61mga
unless it was a given that a hose failure occurred on all astons within a given period that i thought reasonable, i might consider replacing them beforehand, otherwise i'd just keep an eye on them every year or so. but everybody's different i suppose.

BTW, you might want to try contacting Midwestern Auto Group (was originally a VW dealership, now deal with multiple brands), they may be of help. years ago, they were located in dublin, i suspect they are still there.
While MAG used to sell Aston, they haven't for years. The last time I spoke with the service department, I was told they no longer have AMDS. MAG still is in Dublin, BTW. They just built a fancy new Ferrari standalone building.