Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12V Oil Catch Can

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 10:34 AM
Sir Rothschild will become famous soon enoughSir Rothschild will become famous soon enough
V12V Oil Catch Can

Does anyone know if the generic Oil Catch Can they sell on eBay can be fitted on the V12V? Are specified parts required? Are Catch Cans helpful on the V12V?

Thanks all for your input!

Old 06-15-2022, 06:31 AM
ADNH is an unknown quantity at this point
Catch can is a catch can, I’ve seen people make them out of beer cans. So yes, I’m sure any can that you find on eBay could be make to work.

You are going to need to mount it to the chassis, run the hoses, and somehow tap into the existing oil separator, and how you do this will be up to you.

I personally would not use a cheap eBay unit on an Aston Martin. Get a high quality unit that is worth the effort of a proper installation. I would recommend finding a way to use some nice -AN fittings.

I have used Radium Engineering cans, and have been very impressed with the quality. I don’t thing there is a plug and play option, you’ll have to do some research on how to install.

It’s probably a decent practice to install one, though I’m not sure the engine will really care all that much one way or another. It may be particularly good to
run one if you have a habit of driving the car shorter distances where the oil does not get up to temp.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:00 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Benario
Does anyone know if the generic Oil Catch Can they sell on eBay can be fitted on the V12V? Are specified parts required? Are Catch Cans helpful on the V12V?

Thanks all for your input!
Very helpful on V12 for keeping the plugs and air filters from being fouled. You’ll need one for each bank of course.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:22 PM
AM4884 will become famous soon enoughAM4884 will become famous soon enough
I bought some cheap ones from Jegs, some vacuum hose and ended up zip tieing the cans out of the way. Looks fine and works well! Some posted a DIY a while back and I just followed it!

Old 06-16-2022, 09:45 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
+1 on Jegs

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_073705.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	4.99 MB
ID:	534907  
Old 06-16-2022, 10:57 PM
Sir Rothschild will become famous soon enoughSir Rothschild will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AM4884
I bought some cheap ones from Jegs, some vacuum hose and ended up zip tieing the cans out of the way. Looks fine and works well! Some posted a DIY a while back and I just followed it!
Any chance you have a link to the DIY?

Old 06-17-2022, 05:30 AM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute