Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Installing front and Rear Cameras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 10:02 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Installing front and Rear Cameras

This project took some time to get around to. First, I had to fix the issue of the navigation unit's screen not rotating.
In addition, the camera's installation was done by Aston Installations years ago when they visited Florida. Years later the cameras became fuzzy so I was forced to replace the video interface. That is the primary focus of the project, but it does cover Aston Installations install of the cameras.
For those interested the process is covered at the link below.

https://bernardembden.com/am/cainstall/index.htm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-11-2023 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:49 PM
1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for posting this excellent write up. In talking with the former owner of my 2010 Vantage, I believe my vehicle was also among those done by Aston Installations when they visited Florida.

My front camera stopped working a few months ago, and this writeup should help me troubleshoot it.

Old 01-11-2023, 05:51 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I was at the installation weekend as well in Tampa. I wondered by James did such a complicated install...I installed my rear camera in less than three hours. The front camera took about the same time. Why do you have to take apart the center console?

Glad my install is still running strong.i would have thought the Naviks unit would have lasted longer than 4-5 years. Great write up!

Old 01-12-2023, 08:43 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MRCW
I was at the installation weekend as well in Tampa. I wondered by James did such a complicated install...I installed my rear camera in less than three hours. The front camera took about the same time. Why do you have to take apart the center console?
The console had to be removed to install the front video camera switch. This was not necessary for your install because you used a remote switch.
IMHO the most difficult part of the install is running that front camera wire back to the DVD unit. (smile)

Old 01-12-2023, 11:10 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by embdenb
The console had to be removed to install the front video camera switch. This was not necessary for your install because you used a remote switch.
IMHO the most difficult part of the install is running that front camera wire back to the DVD unit. (smile)
you had that expensive 3 way Kenwood camera...I thought that was overkill...
I ran my cable down the left side of the car... it was much cleaner install, as it was on the same side as the nav.

Glad you got yours working again. My next project is to get the front PDC to trigger my front camera...I think it's a simple diode and relay set up

Old 01-12-2023, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by embdenb
you had that expensive 3 way Kenwood camera...I thought that was overkill...
I ran my cable down the left side of the car... it was much cleaner install, as it was on the same side as the nav.

Glad you got yours working again. My next project is to get the front PDC to trigger my front camera...I think it's a simple diode and relay set up