Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 12:40 PM
Airspeed2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Vantage owner

Hello to all,

I have been wanting one of these for years and finally got one. Picked it up in Tampa. 2019 Vantage, modified with Renntech downpipes and exhaust as well as DME tuned to stage 2 pushing 725HP. Car is a beast. Fits nicely with my other ones. Looking forward to interacting on the group!

As with the Alfa, it seems this car also has some gremlins and wanted to reach out to the group for some good info.

First thing I noticed was this Ediff not available. What is that? What would cause this? It does have KW coilovers so not sure if thats why

Second thing and I am almost sure this has to do with the butterfly valve although i heard could be the coilpacks is the CEL Reduced engine performance. I have seen one option from renntech to varialbly control the exhaust valves and another to keep them open all the time. Ideas?

Old 03-10-2024, 06:11 PM
Import will become famous soon enough
That’s a nice looking ride…congrats…plenty of horses…hope it’s an easy fix for you….

Old 03-10-2024, 08:08 PM
Boris!2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where are the wheels from the first pic. Those wheels look much better than the originals to my eye. As to your CEl and E Diff notices on the dash, I would get those sorted asap.

Old 03-10-2024, 08:11 PM
Airspeed2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Boris!2017
Where are the wheels from the first pic. Those wheels look much better than the originals to my eye. As to your CEl and E Diff notices on the dash, I would get those sorted asap.
They are being shipped.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:24 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Love the new wheels, never been a fan of those particular stockies . . . How old is your battery? If it is the original, you should consider replacing it (easy, but overly complex DIY). I got a bunch of EDiff and other phantom errors about a year ago and after replacing my battery, all errors were gone. Never had a slow crank and no other indication other than electronic gremlins, GL and congrats! KH

Old 03-13-2024, 04:52 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Hi,

First thing you should do is get the CEL P-codes read so there is no guessing. Post them here if/when you do. Any, even cheap, scan tool will read engine fault codes as these are industry standard in any/all cars.

The Renntech exhaust product works as it is described and I have used them in AMG GTs, you have essentially the same system in this car as AMG. The challenge would be where it connects on this platform as this product is connected directly to the CANBUS and becomes a node, so where it intervenes on this platform would be the question. I would begin by contacting Renntech. Ask them if they've done one on this platform. Also, this is an expensive item. I think $700, if my memory serves as it's been a couple of years. You basically get a harness with a controller and remote for that.

Also, how are you getting past emissions in your state? Curious. Are you in a rural area of PA?