Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS Front Bumper on 2007 DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 08:58 AM
David Rozenblat is an unknown quantity at this point
DBS Front Bumper on 2007 DB9

I know others have attempted to fit a DBS bumper to a DB9 and were able to do it with some body work. I was just wondering what kind of body work was involved (i.e. cutting the bumper, sanding, adding bondo, etc.?) and to what extent (how many hours of work?)? Also why was body work needed, was the bumper too wide and if so how is this fixed? Thanks for any input. h

Old 12-18-2016, 03:53 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
no body work needed with this

www<dot>vcollection<dot>com/products/DB9_Parts/DBS_Style_Front_Bumper

Old 12-19-2016, 02:22 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by David Rozenblat
I know others have attempted to fit a DBS bumper to a DB9 and were able to do it with some body work. I was just wondering what kind of body work was involved (i.e. cutting the bumper, sanding, adding bondo, etc.?) and to what extent (how many hours of work?)? Also why was body work needed, was the bumper too wide and if so how is this fixed? Thanks for any input. h
I did not do an OEM DBS front bumper on DB9 conversion but did a DBS-style-rear-conversion [see here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4218067 and here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l#post4399476] which required significant work: the flairing on the DBS bumper-ends is much wider, resulting in significant re-work: bondo, epoxy etc. I'd say a professional body shop would probably spend a day or 2 (1 guy, 16hrs total) to get proper fitment on the bumper.

Last edited by sdekoning; 12-19-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
I did not do an OEM DBS front bumper on DB9 conversion but did a DBS-style-rear-conversion [see here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4218067 and here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l#post4399476] which required significant work: the flairing on the DBS bumper-ends is much wider, resulting in significant re-work: bondo, epoxy etc. I'd say a professional body shop would probably spend a day or 2 (1 guy, 16hrs total) to get proper fitment on the bumper.
When you say epoxy, do you mean the bumper has to be cut in half, or v-cut and then reattached to make it shorter so it does not flare our as much, or what? Just curious as to what was done to shape it properly?

Old 12-21-2016, 03:00 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by David Rozenblat
When you say epoxy, do you mean the bumper has to be cut in half, or v-cut and then reattached to make it shorter so it does not flare our as much, or what? Just curious as to what was done to shape it properly?
No, not cut in half: the bumper-ends need to be cut and modified to fit the DB9 flaring. Please check this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...irect-fit.html to see similar fitment issues on the sills to get an idea.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
No, not cut in half: the bumper-ends need to be cut and modified to fit the DB9 flaring. Please check this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...irect-fit.html to see similar fitment issues on the sills to get an idea.
Thanks! So each side of the bumper would be cut in half, repositioned, and expoxied back together right? What kind of epoxy do you recommend? How many hours do you think this would take?

Old 12-22-2016, 07:50 AM
The DBS bumper will show on the inside a stamp of what material has been used to make it (PE / PU or something) although I believe it's CF since it concerns the DBS. This would require a specific epoxy to make sure all bonds well. I'm not an expert on this but a bodyshop can advise.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:10 AM
AstonMan1664 is an unknown quantity at this point
I see this is a very old thread lol 😂
but it’s an itch some want to scratch for sure

Old 03-14-2024, 01:29 AM
AstonMan1664 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AstonMan1664
I see this is a very old thread lol 😂
but it’s an itch some want to scratch for sure

My converted db9 to dbs, designed my own boot lid feature too if you have any questions pm me happy to help others in their itch 👍🏼

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.