Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

US Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
We used the DA and it's still not dialed in all the way, in my eyes, but 100 times better and the client is very happy. Keep in mind, the 20 hours was spent on the whole car and not just the outside. These are special cars that demand this level of attention. I only wish more people realized it and not take their 6 figure cars to the amateur detailers or to the dealer.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned
switchcars is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
These are special cars that demand this level of attention. I only wish more people realized it and not take their 6 figure cars to the amateur detailers or to the dealer.
Oh.....don't get me started on this. There's a couple of guys in my condo building that started their own detailing business, just using the wash bay....I let one of them do my Land Rover, and it was HORRIBLE, yet Lebron and Hughes and these guys with Rolls Royces and Bentleys let them detail them....makes me want to cry.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:39 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Amazing! 10

Old 05-25-2006, 07:35 PM
eric77 is on a distinguished road
We used the DA and it's still not dialed in all the way, in my eyes, but 100 times better and the client is very happy. Keep in mind, the 20 hours was spent on the whole car and not just the outside. These are special cars that demand this level of attention. I only wish more people realized it and not take their 6 figure cars to the amateur detailers or to the dealer.
so true. It seems like almost half the work I do is just correcting other "detailer's" mistakes.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:07 PM
WHAT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eric77
The only problem so far is the $&%#*& DEALER PREP!!! I specifically told the gm and the "aston martin detailer" to NOT even touch the paint with a rotary and sure enough they did. It looks fine in dim light, but the first thing I saw when my dad pulled up in the sun were holograms all along the side of the car. My dad will be requesting they pay for a detail and I will get my hands on the car for the first time, which I should have just done in the first place! Sorry for the rant, but detailing is what I do and after being lied to by several employees I am pretty ticked off. For those of you picking up a new car anytime soon, do NOT let the dealer touch it. I thought an am dealership could be trusted but apparently not.
I think this is a problem with Aston, not necessarily the dealers. My new DB9 came off the truck with loads of scratches and holograms and the Vantages that arrived the same day were in a similar condition. I don't know what good it'll do, but I'm going to take several detailed photos of the marring in the sun before I polish the car and snail mail them to Aston with a nasty letter.

In the meantime, I forget about the paint when I'm beind the wheel. These cars are a riot.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
We just found out yesterday it was an issue with Aston. The tiny swirls and scratches come from the color sanding they do. The DB9 is now at a body shop and will high-speed buffed and we've been assured it will be perfect. I hope so, the car is gorgeous and a lot of fun to work on.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
We just found out yesterday it was an issue with Aston. The tiny swirls and scratches come from the color sanding they do. The DB9 is now at a body shop and will high-speed buffed and we've been assured it will be perfect. I hope so, the car is gorgeous and a lot of fun to work on.
''assured to be perfect.'' hmmmm, people sure define perfection in different levels. NEVER trust dealers...

Moe,
that sucks. if that's the case i'll be saying NO to the Vantage.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:55 AM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is an unknown quantity at this point
I already said NO.

The best thing about this car is the "look", the drive is a disappointment.

I can enjoy someone's "parked" art.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by cnc
I already said NO.

The best thing about this car is the "look", the drive is a disappointment.

I can enjoy someone's "parked" art.
The car is absolutely AMZING....The fit and finish is some of the best I've seen, the drive is like nothing else. I would definitly get one knowing I'd have to fix this small issue and enjoy the car afterward. It's probably one of the nicest car, overall, that we've worked on and it was even a bigger pleasure to drive. I can tell with experience; we've done high end grand tourers such as the SL, Bentley GT, Jag XK, etc. and I've driven all of them. The Aston would be a tie between the Bentley. At this point, I'd take both

Last edited by MoeMistry; 06-12-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 AM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is an unknown quantity at this point
The car is aimed at the the 911, and it doesn't come close in terms of performance, but it looks great while not meeting it's own objective!

Old 07-04-2006, 07:32 PM
WHAT is on a distinguished road
I don't trust any of the local detailers (that I know of) or body shops, so I polished out all of the flaws myself the other weekend. It was a breeze and the car looks good now.

Need to get V1 mounted and a front bumper plug from Bumperplugs.com and it'll be almost perfect. Only mod this car needs is a stereo upgrade, the Linn 950W system sucks.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
Your DB9 looks great WHAT. Great work!