Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My Aston DB9 Has Arrived! Lots of pics & video..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:46 PM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
And I think that is a new Sports Package what do you say ???

http://www.siliconvalleyautogroup.co...hoto_page.html

Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
Sports package is supposed to be amazing and really tighten up the handling (which I think is fine as-is, IMO) - but it also lowers the car an additional 10mm or so - and I have been scraping the front constantly it's so low - I could not deal with it any lower. I do love the Sport package wheels - if I ever grow tired of the stock wheels, I may want to put these on - but it's the first car I've ever owned that I did not want to modify as I think it is perfect as-is .

If only there was a viable iPod connector, and a better key fob, it would be perfect.. Alas, nothing. But I love the car and cannot stop staring at her.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the "9" and welcome to the club!!

Great cars aren't they

Old 12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Congrats on the "9" and welcome to the club!!

Great cars aren't they
Hey can you guys post up some driving impressions?

Old 12-07-2006, 01:46 AM
ffr996 is on a distinguished road
Aston's don't come in obsidian Blue, Its called obsidian black, if it is a light blue it is probably caspian blue, if it is dark it is called shark blue.

Last edited by ffr996; 12-07-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:33 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by master_jcp
And I think that is a new Sports Package what do you say ???

http://www.siliconvalleyautogroup.co...hoto_page.html

Correct. thanks for posting

Old 12-07-2006, 09:48 AM
I stand corrected. I just double checked on the AM car configurator site and I have a split interior with Obsidian Black upper dash highlights and Caspian Blue seats and lower dash / carpet.

Originally Posted by ffr996
Aston's don't come in obsidian Blue, Its called obsidian black, if it is a light blue it is probably caspian blue, if it is dark it is called shark blue.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Here are some interior pics (from the dealer) - I have not taken any yet:

Old 12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I am extremely happy with the AM. I walk away from it backwards, can't stop staring. Think about it all the time!

Took it for a long drive last night up pacific coast highway to stretch it's legs (and get it into some higher gears than 3rd .. it almost hits 100 in 3rd gear and it revs so high it's crazy. It was too dark and too late to do some serious canyon driving but that is what this weekend is going to be all about.

It has incredible torque. I've never had a V12 before and it just pulls hard all the time which is very satisfying.

I can't get over the exhaust! It is such sweet engine music that is always surprising me with different notes, character and personality - especially while shifting using the paddles.

It becomes quite docile when going into automatic mode, which I use mainly when in parking garages.

Handling is phenomenal - it just goes where you want it to go - not as light and nimble as my porsche was (obviously) - but much better than I thought a car this long would feel. It is SO low. I don't feel any roll when I'm going fast through turns, and I can really feel the road and the car nicely through the steering wheel. It's very steady and purposeful.

No complaints so far - I am a very lucky person who is in love with my new ride.

I need to get a V1 radar next..

Originally Posted by JoeyG
Hey can you guys post up some driving impressions?

Old 12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Thanks, appreciate your thoughts!

Last edited by JoeyG; 12-07-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
p17fld is on a distinguished road
amazing car, simply stunning.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:11 AM
The interior is also very special. I think the bamboo wood on the upper door sills is my favorite part right now.

It is very tactile and emotional - almost sensual - that really pushes the experience over the edge. The headliner and everywhere you look and touch is suede, leather, wood, aluminum, glass - all very high end.

I keep the nav system down all the time since I like the way the dash looks when the wood all in 'one piece' and not broken up by the nav window.

There are a few bits and pieces that I think they skimped on - the turn signal stalks feel cheap and plasticky - they should be better made (with aluminum tips on them like my Rover does) - the stereo console is lovely looking but feels like plastic (that's because it is) which should have more metal bits on it to feel more like quality.

In the 2006 DB9 and the AM Vantage they changed the climate control ***** (pictured below) from plastic to some metal alloy - I looked into doing that but the dealer wants $800 for those *****..

Not sure I want it that bad right now

Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 AM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
very nice, love the color. Enjoy it in health !

Old 12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
p17fld is on a distinguished road
love the bamboo, never seen that before

Old 12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Love the interior, Looks terrific.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Aston DB9 Has Arrived! Lots of pics & video..