Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Big Sur in the DB9 - Road Trip!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:47 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
awesome. i rarely say this, but I am envious of your life. thanks for ruining my night

Old 01-02-2007, 02:37 AM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
Happy to share with you guys. It's still unreal that it's my car. Trying to be grateful and appreciative at all times - don't want to take anything for granted. Happy New Year!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:09 AM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Wow, the sights really are fantastic! No better car to see it in! Enjoy it happily!

Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 PM
amestyan is on a distinguished road
great pics

Old 01-08-2007, 09:17 PM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
Like everyone has said amazing pics. I love how the doors slightly tilt up such a sick detail.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:33 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like you had a fun trip...my dad keeps asking me to come back to London to take a trip to Italy in his DB9 Volante but i just haven't got the time.

I haven't even seen his new AM in person yet!

Congrats on a beautiful car, from what i hear from my dad, it is a HUGE step up from the DB7 and he has had no problems with the DB9 (he had quite a few with the DB7).

Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
very nice. is advance reservation needed for the massage? i may do a road trip this coming wkend. big sur would be a blast.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I kept saying that I did not have time for a Big Sur trip, and it's just a few hours north of me.. It was totally worth it.

Bottom line, life is short - your parents won't be here forever - so take a few days and make it happen. The world won't end at your job and driving from the UK to Italy in a DB9 Volante would be AMAZING. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by LABrit
Looks like you had a fun trip...my dad keeps asking me to come back to London to take a trip to Italy in his DB9 Volante but i just haven't got the time.

I haven't even seen his new AM in person yet!

Congrats on a beautiful car, from what i hear from my dad, it is a HUGE step up from the DB7 and he has had no problems with the DB9 (he had quite a few with the DB7).

Old 01-09-2007, 09:22 AM
YES - IMO, the best way to get into Esalen for a soak is to make a massage appointment. Then they let you in an hour in advance of your massage and let you stay an hour afterwards for some great soaking time. BTW, the massage was AMAZING and one of the best I've ever had in my life (and I get them weekly).

Reservations for anything at Esalen are required, they don't let anybody on the property without an appointment. If you don't want a massage, your only other option (save for signing up for their new age programs) is to visit between 1am and 3am when they open the hot springs to the public for $20 entry (but that is a self screening mechanism right there, due to the times).

Originally Posted by djantlive
very nice. is advance reservation needed for the massage? i may do a road trip this coming wkend. big sur would be a blast.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by riozilla
I kept saying that I did not have time for a Big Sur trip, and it's just a few hours north of me.. It was totally worth it.

Bottom line, life is short - your parents won't be here forever - so take a few days and make it happen. The world won't end at your job and driving from the UK to Italy in a DB9 Volante would be AMAZING. I would do it in a heartbeat.
I agree...i'll see if i can get some time off maybe this summer.

I'll post some pics of his car perhaps.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
thanks for the tip ziozilla. i'll book an appt.