Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Buying an AM V8..Need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Exclamation Buying an AM V8..Need some help

Hey guys...I was planning on buying the V8 vantage and had some questions regarding it...

1...I was a bit confused regarding the exterior color...I was reading a few posts of people with the silver colors and would like to know that out of Mercury,Tungsten and Meteorite,which one looks better?I would like a deeper silver color,something darker...

2....I was checking up on the new cars inventory for the AM dealer in Beverly Hills,as that dealership is closest to me...I see that they have a new Vantage in Meteorite Silver..Now I wanted certain options,such as,19" wheels,Premium Sound system and personalized sills added on to it...Would that be possible?

3....If I choose to customize the Vantage,how long would it take to arrive,assuming that I place the order ending April?

4.....Does the gauge cluster have the blue backlight as shown for the roadster version or the green backlight?

5.....Should I be expecting any sort of quality issues or any other mechanical troubles?

6.....I hear that the Sat Nav. on it,isnt really a good one...How true is that?

Can anyone help me out with these questions?

Old 04-06-2007, 06:03 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
oh and an update on that Meteor silver in beverly..It has Linn Audio System...Is that better than the Premium audio system?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:19 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Q1- Go for Meteorite, As I assume its Gold colour and looks fantastic on the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
Q2- All that you have stated are add on options for an extra sum, possible as 18" comes standard whilst personalised sills are an extra and so are the chrome grills, 19" wheels.
Q3- Ordering probably 4-6 months, not sure

Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
the personalised sills aren't an issue. If you buy a car off the floor new, then they simply order new sills for it with your name. I was told this should take about 60 days by the dealer. There was no charge in the one instance I know of.

Only problem with ordering one right now is that the dealer told me the whole assembly line has been transfered over to making convertables to ramp up for release. If you want a hardtop, you may have a while to wait. Only way to know for sure is to have your dealer make an inquiry with AM USA.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Hmm...Well I found a Vantage to my specifications...Its an 06 model...any changes from the 06 to 07 model?

Old 04-07-2007, 03:08 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ecks
Hmm...Well I found a Vantage to my specifications...Its an 06 model...any changes from the 06 to 07 model?
Silver buttons or dials for the aircon if not mistaken and a F1 paddle box gear box as an option for late 07.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:17 AM
http://www.astonmartinca.com/show_li...?veh_inv_id=38

Please check that link and lemme know if there is any differnce...cuz I think the air con dials are the same as the 07 model

Old 04-07-2007, 05:28 AM
Just called a buddy of mine who has a 06, he told me that 07's have Automatic/F1 gearbox as an option from what he knows, I am not sure about the silver aircon dials but looking at the White one you sent me it looks Superb. I think you should get it at least its better than waiting for a couple of months until it arrives.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Yep,I completly agree with you...I have sent the dealer an email asking for additional info and regarding any differences between the 06 and 07 models...The asking price for it is 124k and I believe the price can be further negotiated...

Should be driving back home with that white vantage in a couple of weeks,cuz am shifting from India to L.A....

Old 04-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by ecks
Yep,I completly agree with you...I have sent the dealer an email asking for additional info and regarding any differences between the 06 and 07 models...The asking price for it is 124k and I believe the price can be further negotiated...

Should be driving back home with that white vantage in a couple of weeks,cuz am shifting from India to L.A....
Good,So Congradulations in advance

Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
V8V 2006-2007 Differences

One obvious difference between the 2006 and 2007 version of the V8V is a change in the seats. The newer seats look better. I've attached a picture of my 2007 seats. The stitching down the center of the seat is one of the differences. Having never driven a 2006 I can't comment on the feel of them. You might try asking on the Aston Martin Owners Club website: www.amoc.org

Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2007, 11:41 AM
have you checked that link I posted?Can you see the seats in that link and lemme know if they are the same ones?

Old 04-07-2007, 11:46 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
The seats in the link to the white V8V are the 2007 seats. Same as mine except for the color.

Last edited by HenryM; 04-07-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:53 AM
whew!A good find then,I believe..In terms of color combo...