Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Used RS4 pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:31 PM
stuka will become famous soon enough
Used RS4 pricing

Now that the new unsold ones are being sold at 10K under sticker, what is the realistic prices to offer when buying a used 2007 with say, 10K miles?

I found one that I like but I am not sure what kind of prices to offer. Manheim seems to suggest that 50K is what they go for at auction?

Old 08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Chris@PerformanceOutfitters is on a distinguished road
I would imagine in a short while after that 10k off settles in people's minds, and the current owners realize it they will be probably low 50s especially if you wait for the b8 body style to be released.
That's my $0.02

Old 08-05-2008, 12:41 AM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
With the current market. I would say the used price for an 2007 with 0-15K miles will be around 54K. Anything above that and your not getting any kind of deal. Brand new ones are going for 62-66K

Old 08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i've heard of one purchaser who got $12k off a new one...so i would agree that low $50's makes sense. also the new m3 is being pretty heavily discounted in some spots (except for the dct for now) which also keeps things in check...bad time to be a seller, but a good time to be a buyer.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys, I am deciding between the following three for family hauler:

2003 E39 M5 in red

B7 S4 Avant manual in yellow

B7 RS4 in yellow, orange, or red

Can't help it, both the mrs and I love bright color cars.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:43 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stuka
Thanks guys, I am deciding between the following three for family hauler:

2003 E39 M5 in red

B7 S4 Avant manual in yellow

B7 RS4 in yellow, orange, or red

Can't help it, both the mrs and I love bright color cars.
i won't comment on the colors (to each his/her own), but as a family hauler i'd like to vote for the m5. i've had an e39 for 7 years now and it's still an amazing car..fast, attractive, handles well for a car its size, and very comfortable for driver and passengers. it won't handle well in the snow or heavy rain, which if that's a big factor for you favors the audis (rs4!!!), but otherwise i'd say the m5 is better in a lot of ways. plus i think it's a pretty good value as a used car. i put a bike rack on the roof and take it to mtn. bike rides all the time...great fun!

Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldorian
With the current market. I would say the used price for an 2007 with 0-15K miles will be around 54K. Anything above that and your not getting any kind of deal. Brand new ones are going for 62-66K
When do you think the price will hit 40K's? With the prices of new ones being sold at 10 to 12K under sticker, why is the price in the second hand market still so high? It's like peopel trying to sell 06 Z06 for 55K when a new one can be had for 12K under sticker.

There have been very significant drop in resale of all big engine German cars. The 2003 E39 M5 saw a huge drop this year.

The E60 M5 are just totally dead with a 2006 being sold for 48K.

The B7 S4 Avant in manual and yellow are hard to find, and some dreamer put it up for 48K USED on autotrader.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by cohenfive
i won't comment on the colors (to each his/her own), but as a family hauler i'd like to vote for the m5. i've had an e39 for 7 years now and it's still an amazing car..fast, attractive, handles well for a car its size, and very comfortable for driver and passengers. it won't handle well in the snow or heavy rain, which if that's a big factor for you favors the audis (rs4!!!), but otherwise i'd say the m5 is better in a lot of ways. plus i think it's a pretty good value as a used car. i put a bike rack on the roof and take it to mtn. bike rides all the time...great fun!
We like our cars bright.

I don't really care about AWD, I mean, I lost my shirt trading in my Turbo for the GT2 because I didn't care for AWD and PSM.

But, Other than S4 Avant and RS4, there are really no other manual sedans with decent power that is not hedious looking. And frankly, having owned so many BMW's, a Turbo and a GT2, the Audi interior is in a league of its own.

I was so very impressed by the Audi interior.

I do like the E39 M5 and the simpler drive line as well as maintenance. But the Audi's can be had for several years younger versus the youngest E39, and no, I think the E60 is hedious, and will not drive one even if it was free.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
you didn't see me recommending an e60 m5 now did you......

Old 08-05-2008, 02:54 PM
you didn't see me recommending an e60 m5 now did you......

Thankfully Bangle's reign of ugliness is over.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
since we're on the subject, what about a new m3 sedan or 335i sedan chipped? big discounts on the m3's even now....personally i've always had a soft spot for the rs4, but i'm keeping my m5 for another couple of years....too much college tuition these days!!

Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM
since we're on the subject, what about a new m3 sedan or 335i sedan chipped? big discounts on the m3's even now....personally i've always had a soft spot for the rs4, but i'm keeping my m5 for another couple of years....too much college tuition these days!!
I don't care for the new M3's for reasons that made me famous on many BMW boards as the haterz of M3 with posts that can still be found here.

The 335 has an open diff.

Truthfully the S4 Avant is under powered, but since we don't get the RS4 Avant, it is on the list with the RS4 and the M5.

The other plus that tips in the RS4 favor is RS4 actually looks good in flambouyant colors like yellow or orange, whereas the E39 M5 would look silly in yellow (not that it was offered with one short of individual program).

The RS4 being newer also means extended warranty is cheaper than the E39 M5.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:18 PM
well i've said my piece...m5 looks good with mtn bikes on top!! but if i were buying today i'd probably go for an rs4. gl and i'm jealous!!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
wilfred is on a distinguished road
FWIW, Audi in West Covina has a new red one for $11k off, msrp @ $73,xxx.

http://www.penskeaudi.com/AdWizardAd/6750364

They also have a yellow one but they added some aftermarket wheels and suspension on it. They have had that car for like a year already so I am sure they would love to unload it...

Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
I mean for new depending on color your definately looking at around 65K, unless your take the 0.9 APR which then they aren't discounting too much. I think used 52-54K is for 2007 w/ <15K miles is going rate.