Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Audi RS5 = Nissan GTR Killer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by audiprotein
But shouldnt it be stock to stock? What if they will chip a GTR??? ))
BTW, we still dont know what engine it would have. i remember someone on anorth forum was saying that he actaully saw the new test mule and it didnt have turbos, but then if we look at the pics (tet mule) we can see something fimilar to the side mount intercoolers.
Those are probably just auxiliary cooling radiators. Even my 4.2L S4 has them and from far away they can be mistaken for side mount intercoolers.

Originally Posted by Streamlined
Interesting info, thanks. Wasn't sure about bias and where Audi was going with awd - I know with the Haldex on the A3s and an aftermarket controller you can tinker with that.

In any case the RS5 will undoubtedly be a formidable car

No can do on a Quattro car. Even though Audi calls them all "Quattro", the A3's and S4/A4/S5/RS4 have different all wheel drive systems. The A3 uses and electronically controlled Haldex system since it's built on a VW platform. The other cars all use a mechanical torsen based system. I think Stasis Motorsports sells a center diff that creates a 70/30 bias, but that's the most aggressive I've heard you can do with the torsen based system.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
In terms of looks alone the S5 has already killed.

Jinx both in at 11:53!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:14 PM
jimrd is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car. Very nice lines. Seems like 450hp would be a little weak given that the RS4 gets 420 with no turbos. Should have lots more torque than the RS4 if it does turn out to have a turbocharged engine. If the RS6 does not make it to the states and this car is turbocharged, I will have one!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
bcm3 is on a distinguished road
looks nice!

Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a beautiful car, but 450HP better be a typo by the OP. The RS4 is at ten HP less from the same engine without boost (granted, that's at 12.5-1 compression). Either that or a simple re-chipping of the ECU is going to net some ridiculous gains.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 AM
funky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to beholdfunky is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RocC4S
any word on pricing?
somewhere right between:

my wife is gonna kill me
<RS5 Price>
Ridiculous

Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
skiS4fun will become famous soon enough
Looks like a fast one. Lets see what it does around the track or if Topgear gets hold of one.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Rumor has it the RS4 will not be made in the B8 chassis and the RS5 will used a tuned version of the current RS4 engine for 450HP.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
That would follow what they have done so far. The RS4 has skipped a generation already.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 PM
AussieRS is on a distinguished road
Pic:
http://www.motorauthority.com/spy-sh...-audi-rs5.html

If this is accurate, I like the B7 RS4 more based solely on appearance

Old 10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
retrodrive is on a distinguished road
I do not see this car beating on GTR. There seems to be nothing inventive or new in RS5 comparing to GTR. Unless they are designing the car ground up and redistributing the balance, it will just stay an s5 with more power.

That being said, it kills most other cars out there on looks. I'd love to drive one and if they drop a turbo engine in there it just might be my next car!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
HackerS4 is on a distinguished road
The Stasis center diff gives an 80/20 split. That RS5 looks sweet. Can't wait to see if it really comes out.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Sounds like its a winner!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
its ok, i would like to see round fenders like the old rs4.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
bunnn will become famous soon enough
now I don't know exactly how credible this is, but it seems pretty legit...
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230228

basically says the rs5 is an NA engine..rather then the rumored v8TT ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Audi RS5 = Nissan GTR Killer?