Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My R8 taken down by M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Why drive around in the same car like everyone else has, there are alot of Bentley's on 22's. Same thing I heard on the Range Rover forums when looking for rims everyone was saying get 22's. 24's won't fit no one has done them it will rub. I went with the 24's, and guess what now one is on 26's? If you aint pushing the envelope you aint pushing

I agree with the first part of your statement. "Why drive around in the same car like everyone else has" That is why I make my cars different. Don't take the comments that people make on your brother's car to harsh, variety is the spice of life, that is why god created Blondes, Brunettes and Redheads, there alllll Goooooood!!!!!

Ice

Old 03-01-2009, 02:45 PM
fischb will become famous soon enoughfischb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Indeed, the R8 in stock form on the track will make an M6 look like the inadequate car.
+1 there. The R8 is a work of art with some ground-hugging guts. M6 mostly just art. I drove both, then decided on Porsche. All these cars are great to look at. In my 'hood, there are too many nasty rigged Evo's that will blow away everything else in short runs. So regardless of my sled, I don't do many take-offs from green lights anymore. I'm no longer of the mind set to buy an inexpensive car, then mod it to the point of undrivability just to say I got the fastest one around.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
FLACO X3 is a jewel in the roughFLACO X3 is a jewel in the roughFLACO X3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by fischb
+1 there. The R8 is a work of art with some ground-hugging guts. M6 mostly just art. I drove both, then decided on Porsche. All these cars are great to look at. In my 'hood, there are too many nasty rigged Evo's that will blow away everything else in short runs. So regardless of my sled, I don't do many take-offs from green lights anymore. I'm no longer of the mind set to buy an inexpensive car, then mod it to the point of undrivability just to say I got the fastest one around.
truth

Old 03-02-2009, 01:38 AM
jibberjive is on a distinguished road
It's a Bentley, its all about excess. The same response that Chris Mills Phantom Drophead got. Haters quit drinkining
Just because people think something looks terrible doesn't mean they're hating, sometimes they simply don't like it. I agree uniqueness is always a fresh perspective, but far too often trying to be different just for the sake of being different ends up with a horribly failed end result. Also, in many cases bigger is not necessarily better (as I feel the case is for rims). i.e.

Now I'm not saying the Bentley is near that level of extreme, but I think it would look way better with slightly smaller rims. I bet your Range looks sick with 24's though. Of course style and preference is all a matter of personal opinion and should be taken as such.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
In person the 22's just don't look big enough in comparison to stock. This car actually looks really good with 24's. There are so many Bentley with 22's but there is only one other one in this area on 24's. He did it because he saw my brothers car!

Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 AM
xpsonic is on a distinguished road
imo r8 looks way more exotic, i wouldve loved to see this race.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
The outcome of the race is predictable, but I give alot of credit to the OP for not backing down.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
The outcome of the race is predictable, but I give alot of credit to the OP for not backing down.
Let's not forget though that M6 and R8 owners choose to buy one over the other. If they wanted the other, they could've gotten it. A client of mine has an M6 and I have driven it a few times. I love the car and it's obviously, definitely a quicker car down the straight.

Interesting points about your brother's car, germeezy! An F.U. car need not apologize for the wheels it wears

Old 03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree with you in fact, if you own an R8 you probably could have got an M6 and a 335i....LOL.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 AM
FLACO X3 is a jewel in the roughFLACO X3 is a jewel in the roughFLACO X3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jibberjive
Just because people think something looks terrible doesn't mean they're hating, sometimes they simply don't like it. I agree uniqueness is always a fresh perspective, but far too often trying to be different just for the sake of being different ends up with a horribly failed end result. Also, in many cases bigger is not necessarily better (as I feel the case is for rims). i.e.

Now I'm not saying the Bentley is near that level of extreme, but I think it would look way better with slightly smaller rims. I bet your Range looks sick with 24's though. Of course style and preference is all a matter of personal opinion and should be taken as such.
i hate donks

Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is on a distinguished road
To each his own, but as beautiful as the stock Bentley is, the one featured above feels like a travesty done for Flava Flave on an episode of Unique Whips on Nascar TV (I mean Speed channel)

Sorry mate, I am glad it floats your boat, but I just ain't feelin' it...

Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 AM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MNGolfer
The R8 has launch control with the R-tronic transmission. I do not know how it compares to the M6, but it beats a Z06 Corvette off the line for about 30 feet. I could not find the you tube video, but here is a launch controlled R8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gemyrHrqHXU

LOL I've seen a Honda Civic do that also!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 AM
The R8 has launch control with the R-tronic transmission. I do not know how it compares to the M6, but it beats a Z06 Corvette off the line for about 30 feet. I could not find the you tube video, but here is a launch controlled R8.

LOL, thats the only 30 feet its ever in the same zip code in a straight line....

And I am sorry I see stock cars as a canvas for personalization.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, thats the only 30 feet its ever in the same zip code in a straight line....
We've got better seat warmers in the R8, dammit!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
To each his own, but as beautiful as the stock Bentley is, the one featured above feels like a travesty done for Flava Flave on an episode of Unique Whips on Nascar TV (I mean Speed channel)

Sorry mate, I am glad it floats your boat, but I just ain't feelin' it...
I ain't feelin the one series, but that doesn't mean that I would call it a travesty of Bangle design.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.