Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
skiS4fun is infamous around these parts
Nice!

Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 AM
smolik75 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Blake P
Thank you! It's Quartz. Meteor is MUCH darker and takes on an almost midnight blue color in the sunlight. Daytona is my favorite shade of grey in the Audi paint catalog, but unfortunately it was not available for the B8 A4 without a $2,500 special order charge.
Ah alright, thanks for the info. It's cool that you're in fresno too, I'm from turlock. My buddy, who lives in sacramento, is still modding his m3 and we go for cruises every once and a while. Might have to hit up a meet or something one day

Old 08-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Achilles001 is infamous around these parts
cool

Old 08-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Achilles001 is infamous around these parts
nice

Old 08-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by smolik75
Ah alright, thanks for the info. It's cool that you're in fresno too, I'm from turlock. My buddy, who lives in sacramento, is still modding his m3 and we go for cruises every once and a while. Might have to hit up a meet or something one day
You should come to one of the EuroSunday events they have in Fresno sometime. The Porsche guys usually come out in full force.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
love it

Old 08-09-2009, 12:29 AM
E55 Bulldog K2 is infamous around these parts
Nice... sun set is the best time to show a cars true lines !!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
rlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nicerlbaker05 is just really nice
Looks great, love the wheels.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Have you gotten the B8 ECU upgrade yet from APR? They are now available.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Have you gotten the B8 ECU upgrade yet from APR? They are now available.
Not yet. I'm hoping more tuners will release their products so I can get a good comparison of the gains. There are so few on the market and I'm not in any rush. Quite frankly, I'm not impressed with the minimal HP gains that tuners (APR included) seem to be getting from the B8 A4, though the torque gains are surely impressive.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Well torque is what you want. Its also not all about the numbers as it is being smooth and reliable. Right now they are offering a fully loaded ECU for B8 owners for the price of one program which is $599

Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Well torque is what you want. Its also not all about the numbers as it is being smooth and reliable. Right now they are offering a fully loaded ECU for B8 owners for the price of one program which is $599
Thanks for the info, Matthew. I'd prefer BOTH HP & TQ and don't see any reason to just jump at APR because they're one of the first to release a product. There aren't any tuners within 2 hours of Fresno, so I'm going to wait and see what other companies come up with before making my decision.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Site Sponsor
I couldnt agree more and I wouldn't either just because they were the first. I would do APR because their approach to tuning and that no other tuner can duplicate their technology as well. I think because the new B8 has a slightly different set up from the A3/MK5 TSI engine which causes some of the HP numbers to dip. HP is indeed important to have but I think most people would agree with me on this is that Torque is what throws you back in your seat. But please let me know when others do come out with their programming it will definately be interesting to compare.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I couldnt agree more and I wouldn't either just because they were the first. I would do APR because their approach to tuning and that no other tuner can duplicate their technology as well. I think because the new B8 has a slightly different set up from the A3/MK5 TSI engine which causes some of the HP numbers to dip. HP is indeed important to have but I think most people would agree with me on this is that Torque is what throws you back in your seat. But please let me know when others do come out with their programming it will definately be interesting to compare.
The only others I know of are GIAC and O.CT, but I'm waiting to see what REVO and Neuspeed come up with.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:27 AM
slammedM is infamous around these parts
New A4 is looking good,
the C63 looks so big next to the 2 Audis