Sponsored By:

New S4 @ $45,900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
PJorgen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by S8owned
The S4 is meant to compete with the 335... The RS4 will compete with the M3
OK, guess I don't know much about BMWs. So what is the base model A4 designed to compete with?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
S8owned is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PJorgen
OK, guess I don't know much about BMWs. So what is the base model A4 designed to compete with?
I am right there with you... I am guessing that the A4 is suppose to compete with the 328...

BMW 328 - Audi A4
BMW 335 - Audi S4
BMW M3 - Audi RS4

Old 09-06-2009, 06:45 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
It's rare to see an automaker lower the price of a car. This would make for a nice dd.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Vars is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ATL
It's rare to see an automaker lower the price of a car. This would make for a nice dd.
I think they pretty much had to since BMW really upped the performance of their 330 when they put the turbos in it. It used to be that an S4 would smoke a 330 and would usually be compared to an M3 instead. Once BMW tossed the turbos in there to make the 335 with a dyno of near 300 hp at the wheels, they really made it able to compete with the S4 for way less money.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like the starting price. The one at our local dealer is well over 50k

Old 10-01-2009, 11:03 AM
hrm
hrm is infamous around these parts
If this is true, then I better start saving. The S4 is an amzinf car, which in my opinion blows the M3 out of the water.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
nicely equipped 2010 s4's sticker in the mid to high $50's...and it sounds like discounts can be had in many regions in the $1500-2500 area. as for blowing the new m3 out of the water, i think many m3 owners (and probably many s4 owners) would respectfully disagree. the m3 will be quite a bit quicker and likely handle better and costs $5-10k more than the s4. the rest (asthetics, interior) is more subjective and may favor the audi. the s4 engine will be tuneable however...

Old 10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
I like the e90 M3 sedan but the S4 seems like more bang for your buck. I built one on their site and it came out to $49k, and I built a M3 sedan with similar options and it was $62K.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:44 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
Originally Posted by hrm
If this is true, then I better start saving. The S4 is an amzinf car, which in my opinion blows the M3 out of the water.
Do you mean by looks or the performance?
If you mean by looks then it's subjective so I cannot argue, but performance - no way. M3 blows S4 out of the water.
I test drove one couple weeks ago. It's a nice car but wasn't exciting to drive. I may still get one though...

Old 10-20-2009, 03:28 PM
pearlwhites is infamous around these parts
The reality is that the M3 will kill the S4 in almost every performance test. Its up almost 100 hp and down close to 400 lbs.

I test drove the car last month and was fairly impressed. It was quick for 4000 lbs, albeit a bit quiet. The interior is well done as always. However, The car to compare the S4 to is the 335i and the aftermarket will need some time to catch up as a lightly modded 335i will outrun an S4/RS4 all day long.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:43 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

A modded 335i also lacks a warranty unless you overpay for Dinan, and there is a tune by MTM that adds 100HP to the S4 which will outrun the 335i stock or modded easy.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NewSong
A modded 335i also lacks a warranty unless you overpay for Dinan, and there is a tune by MTM that adds 100HP to the S4 which will outrun the 335i stock or modded easy.
Uh, no, you are not adding 100 hp to a supercharged motor with a tune only. It would have to include a pulley change and or exhaust changes.

How will it easily outrun the 335 when N54's have hit 400 wheel and are not sending it to all 4 wheels? Not to mention a huge head start in the aftermarket. You probably should study up.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kalare
It's not about money for most people...gas mileage is the reason I'm not buying a V8 M3...the one and ONLY reason. I've wanted an M3 for the past 10 years, since I first saw an E36. Now I won't by one simply because I cannot live with under 20mpg. My new choices are S4, S5, TTRS (if we get one in US) or Cayman S. Just because you like power and fast cars doesn't mean you can't be concerned with environment and conserving gas...and just because you like conserving gas and whatnot doesn't mean you want to run around in a prius...there's a middle ground, and some of us are on it.
It is not about money yet you are babbling about MPG? Sounds like gas money is the issue.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

Originally Posted by CURI0
Uh, no, you are not adding 100 hp to a supercharged motor with a tune only. It would have to include a pulley change and or exhaust changes.

How will it easily outrun the 335 when N54's have hit 400 wheel and are not sending it to all 4 wheels? Not to mention a huge head start in the aftermarket. You probably should study up.
Read it and weep fanboy, 100HP TUNE for the new S4:
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...arged-s4-avant

Maybe you need to study up, Car & Driver already gave the verdict to the S4 vs the 335i:

You need to go back to E90post where the other fanboys will chat your fanboy language, but the proof is here, S4 > 335i.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by NewSong
Read it and weep fanboy, 100HP TUNE for the new S4:
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...arged-s4-avant

Maybe you need to study up, Car & Driver already gave the verdict to the S4 vs the 335i:

You need to go back to E90post where the other fanboys will chat your fanboy language, but the proof is here, S4 > 335i.
Uh oh, someone can't back up their claim of 100 hp with a tune only and now they are magazine racing.

This is not about Car and Driver.

You claimed the S4 with a tune only will easily outrun modded 335's. Do you have any idea how absolutely ridiculous that sounds?

Why don't you try and stay on the topic and explain to everyone how an S4 is going to run 120+ trap speeds with a tune only like 335's and 135's have?

No offense, but you have embarrassed yourself enough already.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New S4 @ $45,900