Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Glut Orange RS4 with Capristo Exhaust Review!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
DesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud of
Glut Orange RS4 with Capristo Exhaust Review!!!!

First I want to thank all the people at Taurino Racing because they worked extremely hard on getting me the exhaust system in a hurry, and did so just as I had wished. The exhaust showed up and was beautiful. Hard to say a system can be beautiful, but the welds and the fabrication of this system was spot on. I have worked on lots of cars over the years and looked at many aftermarket systems, and this was by far the best I had ever seen. Hats of to the employees at Capristo!

The system install went very smoothly. I had my local Audi technician do the install, but from what I have seen and heard he said it was the best system he has ever installed, and asked what all products they make systems for so he can suggest them to their Audi and Porsche clients. He did mention a couple things however. The Right Rear exhaust pipe, where the anodized black tips bolt on, was too long and stuck out of the tip too far. It was approximately 3/8 of an inch too long, and he said oddly enough it was marked like they should have cut it, but had forgotten to do so. Therefore without having to measure much or make any marks he could cleanly cut the pipe and it worked perfectly. He also mentioned that the hardware they used from Capristo was too soft. He told me some of it may have even been brass, but when he went to quickly bolt the system together to hang on the factory hangers, some of the bolts got jammed and he couldn’t loosen them up. Therefore he had to cut all the hardware off and replace it with new harder nuts and bolts. Other than this he said the fit was spot on, system was easy to put together and really required zero adjusting. As you will see from the pictures attached that the tips sit in the rear valance absolutely perfectly. They highlight the lines of the factory rear bumper very well, and when these tips get hot they extend out of the body about ½ an inch and it looks incredibly cool.

As for the most important part, the noise and power improvements! I can easily say the noise transformed the car for me. I hated how quiet the RS4 was, and now it has a perfect blend of a smooth Audi V8 with the roar of an American V8 when you romp on it. It excites me every time I sit in the drivers seat to start the engine and hear the roar. It truthfully has made the car much more enjoyable for me, and I love pressing the S button and just hearing a little extra exhaust note. When you downshift or lift off the throttle it gargles and sounds perfect. I must say for those who don’t like a ton of noise at idle and during highway cruising at about 80 mph, this exhaust is perfect for you. You know the rumble is there, but the mix of a nice quiet comfortable interior noise level, as well as exterior rumble is perfect. Not too loud, not too quiet, just about perfect! The power improvement you can feel, I would say mid range is slightly better, and torque may have increased a touch as well. Its not going to feel massively different. You wont get twice as much of a kick in the pants of anything, but its enough to awaken the car and make it just enough quicker and noisier to make the RS4 become the beast it should have originally come with.

I would suggest to anyone to buy this system as well as all of Capristo’s exhaust systems. I have worked with this company in the past on various other vehicles, namely Ferrari, and I know they do a fantastic job. My RS4 is now the beast I had originally hoped for, and I love driving it more and more every day!

I have attached pictures of my RS4 on here. The car has 20% window tint all around, H&R lowering springs and the painted calipers with my logo on it. Hey a little self PR never hurts right

Thanks guys, contact Capristo and get this system ASAP!

http://picasaweb.google.com/grahal09/GlutOrangeRS4?feat=directlink

Old 10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
DesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud of
Sorry for some reason the link isnt working. Click view Graham's Gallery then click on the RS4 link. Ill try and get it going but doesnt want to work with me. Sorry

Old 10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
dankone is on a distinguished road
That's badass and expensive as hell. Where do you even buy one of these?