Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S5- Black Grill Installed Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:30 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by legbend
Did you install it, or pay someone? If paid, how much?

You have the euro-plate filler, right? Does that have holes in it for mounting?
No I paid someone for the installment due too lack of time, though there is a DIY thread on the A5 forum and the install doesn't look to difficult- at all. The install took 1 hour and 45 minutes resulting in a $179 total. It wasn't too bad considering Audi apparently wants $1200 to install the entire Black Optics package, and I can't imagine the fog light surroundings and window trim to be more time consuming than the grill. And supposedly there is a wait for the US plate delete, so the order has to come in from Europe, but yes there is holes for a Euro plate already there, though I am not sure if they are intended for the plate holder/ filler or the plate itself...sorry man.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:55 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
what a difference. I love it, looks awesome.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
legbend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JonM
No I paid someone for the installment due too lack of time, though there is a DIY thread on the A5 forum and the install doesn't look to difficult- at all. The install took 1 hour and 45 minutes resulting in a $179 total. It wasn't too bad considering Audi apparently wants $1200 to install the entire Black Optics package, and I can't imagine the fog light surroundings and window trim to be more time consuming than the grill. And supposedly there is a wait for the US plate delete, so the order has to come in from Europe, but yes there is holes for a Euro plate already there, though I am not sure if they are intended for the plate holder/ filler or the plate itself...sorry man.

Thanks for the answers. I'm planning on ordering the same grille for my 2010 S4 and am just deciding between the filler plates. The non-plate one has two chrome horizontal stripes, which I don't want, but I guess it's easier to black those out than any of the other options.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nyamg
what a difference. I love it, looks awesome.
Thanks nyamg, we definitely should have a mini photo shoot of the 2 Audi's this spring/summer

Originally Posted by legbend
Thanks for the answers. I'm planning on ordering the same grille for my 2010 S4 and am just deciding between the filler plates. The non-plate one has two chrome horizontal stripes, which I don't want, but I guess it's easier to black those out than any of the other options.
Ooooo nice. My girlfriend is ordering her B8 S4 soon...I think I'm more excited than her. I'm actually looking forward to the chrome on it, considering I opted not to paint the chrome Audi emblems and the rest of the car still has chrome/aluminum parts (window trim, fog lights, rear valence, side views). I'm pretty sure right now I'll dig the look, only time will tell though.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Pics look sweet and looks prettty mean with the headlight led's and the black grille.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Thanks nyamg, we definitely should have a mini photo shoot of the 2 Audi's this spring/summer
Definitely, let me know when.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Just to keep everyone updated- Just got word Forgestar will start building my wheels tomorrow!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 AM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Just to keep everyone updated- Just got word Forgestar will start building my wheels tomorrow!
Which Forgestars are you getting Jon?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by switchface
Which Forgestars are you getting Jon?
F14's 19x9 gonna run 275 30's once the stock dunlops wear out...I'm so excited

Old 02-05-2010, 08:33 AM
IN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the rough
That is a beautiful setup. Classy

Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
The grille looks great! If you're looking for a CF splitter, I know GMG had them for the S5. I went ahead and had mine wrapped (front and rear) since I got tired of waiting for someone to make them for the A4. It's tough to capture the carbon weave properly on camera, but here's an idea of how they turned out...

Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Blake, that looks awesome! Ya I'm gonna go with the GMG Front Splitter eventually.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by IN Is-F
That is a beautiful setup. Classy
Thanks bro, appreciated

Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 PM
LBJ23 is on a distinguished road
looks great!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:24 PM
H Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of light
looks sick, love the lights too

are they gonna make a RS5 for the states??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S5- Black Grill Installed Today