Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

EVOMS Project R8 Twin Turbo Has Begun - Complete Engine Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute

Apollo FTW!!!!!............and is that a Jetta on your lift next to the orange beast? Classic!

Old 02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Killer project. Love the lines of the R8 but it needs more power!
Thank you. Exactly. Pushing 650 HP, it will be just what the Dr. ordered

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Thank you. Exactly. Pushing 650 HP, it will be just what the Dr. ordered

Simply awesome, R8 stock drivetrain should have no problems putting that to the ground!

Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO

Apollo FTW!!!!!............and is that a Jetta on your lift next to the orange beast? Classic!
LOL You never know what you will find here. Pretty funny mix of vehicles.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Dont want to distract from this awesome thread and cant wait to see the final results, esp. after talking with Ian about output!......but that Nürburgring Nordschleife time caught my eye and I would really like to know more about the setup of that car. Wow, that is one very nice lap!

HOpefully there is another thread you can point me to or some way not to hijack this but still share some info, eh?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Dont want to distract from this awesome thread and cant wait to see the final results, esp. after talking with Ian about output!......but that Nürburgring Nordschleife time caught my eye and I would really like to know more about the setup of that car. Wow, that is one very nice lap!

HOpefully there is another thread you can point me to or some way not to hijack this but still share some info, eh?
John! It was nice speaking with you.

Check out our website at www.gumpertracing.com. If you have more questions after looking there, please give me a call and I can walk you through the whole Gumpert USA program.

Cheers,
Ian

Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
CarGuy56 will become famous soon enough
wow big project...GL

Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
PMoth is on a distinguished road
2 month update??

Old 04-28-2010, 12:21 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PMoth
2 month update??
+1, whats going on with both projects?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I just noticed this thread for the first time today

The gutted one with the silver sideblade is my car, getting the full motor build; I'll let Ian do a proper update, but my understanding is that we are waiting on pistons. Estimated completion this summer.

I believe the "bolt-on" TT car with the black sideblade is completed.....? I heard about the dyno tuning a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen anything on any forums.

When my car is done, I'm going to drive it back up via California to WA. If anyone wants to meet up and take a look, I can try!

Roman

Old 04-29-2010, 06:01 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wow, cool thread!

Gigharbor1, didn't you have a SC kit and a trail of coolant behind your car before while running around the track?

Old 04-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
We cannot wait for this build to reach the final completion.. We have a local customer waiting anxiously for the results so we can pull the trigger on his build.. Looking very good so far.. Good luck!!

Mike

Old 04-29-2010, 06:13 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Wow, cool thread!

Gigharbor1, didn't you have a SC kit and a trail of coolant behind your car before while running around the track?
Yep, I had one of the early superchargers made for the R8 and while it produced more power, it didn't hold up well under heavy stress (i.e. track use). I had coolant leaks from all over the place, mostly from hose clamps. Once I located one and tightened it, another would form. And the main intercooler on top of the engine block leaked quite a bit as well. Not sure if it bled into the motor, but it at least leaked on top of the motor (see attached pic). So you could smell it the whole time after a track session, but couldn't see it. It was annoying. It was clear that it wasn't going to work for me, so I got rid of it.

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Yep, I had one of the early superchargers made for the R8 and while it produced more power, it didn't hold up well under heavy stress (i.e. track use). I had coolant leaks from all over the place, mostly from hose clamps. Once I located one and tightened it, another would form. And the main intercooler on top of the engine block leaked quite a bit as well. Not sure if it bled into the motor, but it at least leaked on top of the motor (see attached pic). So you could smell it the whole time after a track session, but couldn't see it. It was annoying. It was clear that it wasn't going to work for me, so I got rid of it.
I thought that the smoking was from the screw driver that the SC installer left in your engine compartment, and the smell was from paparazzi's that couldn't hold their lunch down doing a few warm up laps with you!

The good news is that these guys know what they are doing

Old 04-29-2010, 06:26 PM
ssaylor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Roman, I haven't heard that this is a problem with the VF setup, and there are quite a few on R8TALK. Was yours a VF?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS Project R8 Twin Turbo Has Begun - Complete Engine Build